Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:39 AM   #1
twisted-pixel
macrumors 6502

delete exchange account but keep contacts

Hi,

does anyone know how I can remove the exchange account from my phone (leaving this job) but keep my contacts?

thank for any tips
twisted-pixel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:12 AM   #2
boltjames
macrumors 65816

Export exchange contacts to an Excel CSV file.

Import the file into gmail calendar.

Export the gmail file as a vCard format.

Import the vCard file into iCloud.

BJ
boltjames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:21 AM   #3
Gutwrench
macrumors 6502a

Every so often shortly after someone leaves - our department gets hit with a barrage of unsolicited calls and emails from headhunters and contract companies. Pls don't be planning that.
Gutwrench is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:44 AM   #4
twisted-pixel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutwrench View Post
Every so often shortly after someone leaves - our department gets hit with a barrage of unsolicited calls and emails from headhunters and contract companies. Pls don't be planning that.
I'm not planning anything like that. It's just that I discovered that if I remove exchange from my phone, it deletes all my contacts because they are sync'd with exchange.

and the reason you are likely to get a barrage of calls like that is that on peoples CV's they put who they currently work for. These CVs are then uploaded to a jobsite etc, where recruiters can see them. They put 2 & 2 together...if you are leaving company A, then I should ring company A and find out what services they need to replace you....simples
twisted-pixel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:28 AM   #5
Gutwrench
macrumors 6502a

Actually I don't think that's the reason but won't take your thread off topic. Good luck.
Gutwrench is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone