Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:17 PM   #1
randomguyishere
macrumors regular

Changing Apple ID Email Address

Before iCloud came out, I had my personal email set up with my Apple ID. For security purposes, let's call this email "X."

Once iCloud came out, I made a new iCloud account (and thus, a new Apple ID). For security purposes, let's call this email "Y." To be perfectly honest, I don't remember what my reasoning behind this was.

I find it annoying, however, to have to remember two separate Apple IDs (one for iTunes/Mac App Store and one for iCloud).

Is there a way I can merge both of these Apple IDs into one? Ultimately, I would like to be able to use my iCloud Apple ID (email "Y") to download apps from the iStores, as well as to sync with my current iCloud email, Calendar, contacts, Photo Stream, etc.

Is there a way I can go about doing this?

Thanks!
randomguyishere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:19 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguyishere View Post
Is there a way I can merge both of these Apple IDs into one?
Unfortunately, no. You can change the email address used for an Apple ID, but you cannot merge purchase history from two different accounts.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID
Quote:
I have multiple Apple IDs. Is there a way for me to merge them into a single Apple ID?

Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.
GGJstudios is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:56 PM   #3
randomguyishere
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Unfortunately, no. You can change the email address used for an Apple ID, but you cannot merge purchase history from two different accounts.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID
Well that's unfortunate

Thanks for the quick response though!
randomguyishere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:10 AM   #4
maflynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguyishere View Post
Well that's unfortunate

Thanks for the quick response though!
Indeed, with apple going from .mac to .me to now .icloud, you would think they would have a mechanism to move to icloud or any other email for your apple id.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store