Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randomguyishere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Before iCloud came out, I had my personal email set up with my Apple ID. For security purposes, let's call this email "X."

Once iCloud came out, I made a new iCloud account (and thus, a new Apple ID). For security purposes, let's call this email "Y." To be perfectly honest, I don't remember what my reasoning behind this was.

I find it annoying, however, to have to remember two separate Apple IDs (one for iTunes/Mac App Store and one for iCloud).

Is there a way I can merge both of these Apple IDs into one? Ultimately, I would like to be able to use my iCloud Apple ID (email "Y") to download apps from the iStores, as well as to sync with my current iCloud email, Calendar, contacts, Photo Stream, etc.

Is there a way I can go about doing this?

Thanks! :apple:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Is there a way I can merge both of these Apple IDs into one?
Unfortunately, no. You can change the email address used for an Apple ID, but you cannot merge purchase history from two different accounts.

Frequently asked questions about Apple ID
I have multiple Apple IDs. Is there a way for me to merge them into a single Apple ID?

Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Well that's unfortunate :(

Thanks for the quick response though!

Indeed, with apple going from .mac to .me to now .icloud, you would think they would have a mechanism to move to icloud or any other email for your apple id.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.