Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:31 AM   #1
liscoole
macrumors newbie

Problem entering email addresses on websites using Ipad mini

Hi

Hoping someone can help, I have googled my problem extensively without joy.

Recently when trying to enter email addresses into websites using the IPad Mini, they are not being recognised or accepted and consequently the sites are throwing up the error message "Email address missing or not recognised".

This has happened to me twice on two different websites in the past week and I am wondering has anyone else using ipad mini had these issues?

I have gone to safari and checked to ensure cookies can be received.

When i try it again using my laptop, it works perfectly. I have also had some issues where i press buttons on websites using Ipad mini and the command doesnt work.

many thanks for any help
liscoole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:56 AM   #2
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to rocknblogger
Quote:
Originally Posted by liscoole View Post
Hi

Hoping someone can help, I have googled my problem extensively without joy.

Recently when trying to enter email addresses into websites using the IPad Mini, they are not being recognised or accepted and consequently the sites are throwing up the error message "Email address missing or not recognised".

This has happened to me twice on two different websites in the past week and I am wondering has anyone else using ipad mini had these issues?

I have gone to safari and checked to ensure cookies can be received.

When i try it again using my laptop, it works perfectly. I have also had some issues where i press buttons on websites using Ipad mini and the command doesnt work.

many thanks for any help
Are you pasting or typing the full email address? As for buttons, I find it touch and go. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Sometimes I find that when I zoom the email address field it works when otherwise it didn't. Hopefully that helps a bit. Maybe others may give you other suggestions. Good luck
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:36 AM   #3
liscoole
macrumors newbie

aha!

I have worked it out... after entering my email address i was pressing the space bar and then pressing download! The site was seeing the space and telling me that the email address was incorrect. This doesnt seem to happen when you use a laptop.

This is a very easy mistake to make! Anyway, its sorted now. Thank you!
liscoole is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:37 PM   #4
testcard
macrumors 65816

If you're regularly typing your email address into web pages, try creating a shortcut. General > Keyboard > Shortcuts. Saves time.
testcard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:07 PM   #5
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcard View Post
If you're regularly typing your email address into web pages, try creating a shortcut. General > Keyboard > Shortcuts. Saves time.
I use this all the time. However, some sites won't accept an email from a shortcut since it always adds a space at the end. I'd have to guess though that I only have trouble with 5-10% of sites not accepting it. It's well worth it for the other 90%.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:27 AM   #6
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I use this all the time. However, some sites won't accept an email from a shortcut since it always adds a space at the end. I'd have to guess though that I only have trouble with 5-10% of sites not accepting it. It's well worth it for the other 90%.
Easy enough to delete the space. I've also found that if you tap "next" or just push return if there is no "next," it enters the shortcut without adding a space.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting