Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Efrem

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2009
As a separate suggestion, while your question is undoubtedly important to you, everyone's question is important to them. Labeling yours as "important" is in effect saying "My question is more important than yours is, because I'm more important than you are." That's a real turn-off to people who might otherwise want to help. You would do better in the future to simply state what your question is about.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Clarity of Thought and Expression

As a separate suggestion, while your question is undoubtedly important to you, everyone's question is important to them. Labeling yours as "important" is in effect saying "My question is more important than yours is, because I'm more important than you are." That's a real turn-off to people who might otherwise want to help. You would do better in the future to simply state what your question is about.

Just to make sure we get further off topic, maybe OP meant that Xcode is important, not his questions. Thusly: "(Important Xcode) question", not "Important (Xcode question)".

If only English had parenthesis.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
A better question is why do you need to reproduce the functionality of an existing app in your app?

Do you want to show your own app's memory? Are you making a better Activity Monitor app? Are you trying to debug some memory leak in your app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.