Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:31 AM   #1
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Please help me with using iTunes

I don't know why iTunes is so confusing, but I have this problem where when I plug in my iphone, which I just recently restored and updated, itunes wants to add more music than my phone can hold, and won't allow me to change that. It shows "autofill" in the music tab of itunes and won't allow me to change that option. I just want to copy a few albums over to my phone. What am I doing wrong here? If I try to change any syncing options, iTunes also wants to remove EVERYTHING from my phone, which is so ridiculous.
Bugeyeblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:48 AM   #2
pat park
macrumors 6502a

select Manually manage music and videos. That should solve the issue where iTunes wants to shove the entire music library onto your phone.

The other issue, you can transfer purchases to your iTunes account and then re-synch that content afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	itunes manage music.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	398724  
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat park View Post
select Manually manage music and videos. That should solve the issue where iTunes wants to shove the entire music library onto your phone.

The other issue, you can transfer purchases to your iTunes account and then re-synch that content afterwards.
Thanks for the help. I'll try it tonight when I get home and post if its a resolved issue or if I need more help.
Bugeyeblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store