Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:32 AM   #51
Smartass
macrumors 6502a

i dropped my iphone 4 into the river. Didnt turn it off, just took a hairdryer and blew that hot air straight into iphone thru all possible holes. Still works today like a charm

bag of rice is a myth.
Smartass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:32 AM   #52
prdlacky
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
i dropped my iphone 4 into the river. Didnt turn it off, just took a hairdryer and blew that hot air straight into iphone thru all possible holes. Still works today like a charm

bag of rice is a myth.
how long ago was that?
prdlacky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:48 AM   #53
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
it fell in clean toilet water
There's no such thing. Would you drink out of the toilet? Methinks you will be have to be explaining what that smell is to your friends for a long time to come. .

----------

Quote:

bag of rice is a myth.
Just because you didn't do it and it seemed to work out doesn't make it a myth. So if one person has unprotected intercourse with an AIDS patient and doesn't catch it that one time, that makes it a myth?

Very apt screen name you have there, sport.
Luis2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:00 AM   #54
Ste Nova
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2004 View Post
There's no such thing. Would you drink out of the toilet? Methinks you will be have to be explaining what that smell is to your friends for a long time to come. . [COLOR="#808080"]
my dog drinks out of the toilet
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:57 AM   #55
Smartass
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdlacky View Post
how long ago was that?
1 and half years

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis2004 View Post

Just because you didn't do it and it seemed to work out doesn't make it a myth. So if one person has unprotected intercourse with an AIDS patient and doesn't catch it that one time, that makes it a myth?

Very apt screen name you have there, sport.
You're mixing apples and bananas. This so called "rice trick thingy" really hasnt been proved to be successful by anyone. I know a lot of people who did this and it didnt help not. one. bit.
So basically you're all just saying "put it in the rice" when in reality you have no idea what you're really talking about.
Smartass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:04 AM   #56
iRepairParts
macrumors regular

Quote:
1 and half years

----------

You're mixing apples and bananas. This so called "rice trick thingy" really hasnt been proved to be successful by anyone. I know a lot of people who did this and it didnt help not. one. bit.
So basically you're all just saying "put it in the rice" when in reality you have no idea what you're really talking about.
Even silica gel also does not work EVERY time, but it increases your chances of saving a water damaged device drastically. We have over a 90% save rate when it comes to water damaged devices using silica gel accompanied with other steps. The "rice trick thingy" actually is proven to absorb moisture, which is why people use it to try to repair water damaged phones. It may not work as well as silica gel, but it definitely helps to absorb the moisture.

Its like people putting rice into salt shakers; they do it so the rice will remove moisture from the salt so it won't clump up.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:45 AM   #57
alice04
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
Turn it off. Dry it off. Put it in a closed bag of rice for a day or 2 if possible. It'll be fine until the water starts to corrode the internal components.

Also don't charge it until its all dried out in the bag of rice.
This the first time I heard an advice about putting a wet iPhone in a bag of rice, and I'm pretty amazed
alice04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:33 PM   #58
lucasfer899
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I took a LED flashlight and looked into the headphone jack and the SIM card slot and the water sensors are not pink...
Quote:
i wasnt even taking a piss or pooping or anything i was actually cleaning my phone in the bathroom(dumb spot) and it just slipped out my hand and bounced around in the toilet, immediately pulled it out and dried it up... now its in a big bowl of uncooked rice... i think i will be okay

----------

i wasnt using the bathroom, i was cleaning my phone and case there and it just basically fell out my hand...
This thread has me in hysterics. Well done boys, well done.
lucasfer899 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:00 PM   #59
shadow puppet
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste Nova View Post
my dog drinks out of the toilet
LMAO!

shadow puppet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:24 PM   #60
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yeah..dont ask how I manage to do it it just happened...but I pulled it out the water ASAP and its working perfectly fine right now...i guess its somewhat water resistant?

I tested all the cameras and speakers and they are fine...should i still be worried?
exactly why i don't buy items used....

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone