Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:38 AM   #151
daexpert
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peharri View Post
The best part is the Windows key... (top left hand corner of the keypad, opposite the Apple key on the right)
...kinda missed that part...does that mean I would have to ctrl-alt-del to unlock my phone???
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:03 AM   #152
quantman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compile 'em all View Post
You mean the worst

Think about this like war strategy or chess!

You want to achieve checkmate or surround the enemy and give them no options. The guy who has less than 5% market share has nothing to lose. The guy with greater than 95% market share cannot afford to risk making his system Mac and Windows capable.

Putting a Mac AND a Windows button on a phone (with dual op system functionality):

1. Makes every single person a potential customer for the Iphone irrespective of whether they have a Mac or a PC. That makes it a winner by keeping 100% of the target market in focus.

2. Makes every single person who buys this phone constantly ask themselves why not get a MAC because Mac parallels offers both Mac and Windows Operating systems/platforms whereas PC's DO Not!

3. Remember Jobs recently that AAPL has to get over the notion that for AAPL to win MSFT has to lose!

4. It really would be a threat to HP and DELL.

5. The Ipod loving world would continue to gravitate to the Apple retail stores and Mac market share would climb, particularly if ITV is also a hit.

6. MSFT then will be left to focus on the enterprise market and the consumer market would belong to AAPL. That is AAPL's strength-understanding the mass market consumer!
quantman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 03:24 PM   #153
DavoMrMac
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to DavoMrMac Send a message via Skype™ to DavoMrMac
There are some great mock-ups of iPhones about and I for one would love to see a phone from Apple released.

This is what I expect to see released:
http://www.wikidesign.co.uk/Geekanoi...ectations.html
DavoMrMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 08:55 PM   #154
paradillon
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to paradillon Send a message via Skype™ to paradillon
Drudge Report

Quote:
Drudge Report -

APPLE PERSONAL COMPUTER TO CARRY IN A POCKET.. DEVELOPING...
Well at this point we don't have a long wait to find out.

Last edited by paradillon; Jan 8, 2007 at 09:00 AM.
paradillon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2007, 07:14 AM   #155
Zadillo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradillon View Post
Well at this point we don't have long a wait to find out.
Turned out to be a sensationalistic headline, I think - it's basically just an IHT article talking about the rumours of an Apple iPhone, etc. but nothing we haven't already heard.
Zadillo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:18 AM   #156
Natekhsirv
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geerlingguy View Post
It seems the 'iPhone' / 'iPod Phone' device is being hailed and praised as the 'next big thing' from Apple that will 'revolutionize the market' for cell phones.

In my opinion, the only contribution Apple could reasonably make is to take their already successful (and *simple*) iPod, and add a *simple* way to make a phone call on it... and *maybe* send a text message/email. I don't think it will have 'smart phone capabilities' (besides iPod funcationality).

IF (yes IF, not when...) Apple releases some sort of phone, it will be an iPod with the ability to place a call. Not some sort of PDA or web-browsing jack-of-all trades. I think someone mentioned this in another thread earlier, but I just wanted to restate it, as I don't think that Apple would do well to make some sort of ridiculously complex smart phone. I would estimate the price to be around $299-399, with 4/8GB flash or something like that.

The only way I would buy one is if it gave me the ability to easily place a phone call (perhaps by selecting a contact in my Address Book), receive a phone call, and play music. Video isn't really that important to me on a device as small as a phone / iPod - and I don't think video chat would be extremely important, either. All that would do is jack up the price a couple hundred more.
How wrong were you !!!!
Natekhsirv is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:21 PM   #157
geerlingguy
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to geerlingguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natekhsirv View Post
How wrong were you !!!!
I can't believe I wrote that.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:06 PM   #158
mattcube64