Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:25 PM   #26
Proxy One
macrumors newbie

Well I never got my box in the mail to send mine back, then apple canceled my claim last week, I just resubmitted my claim and two days later I got a box. I dont know what happened the first time, oh well.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:33 PM   #27
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy One View Post
Well I never got my box in the mail to send mine back, then apple canceled my claim last week, I just resubmitted my claim and two days later I got a box. I dont know what happened the first time, oh well.
Probably just lost in the post.
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:13 AM   #28
Virgule82
macrumors newbie

So I just filed a quest for a replacement. Just a question: Do you get to choose the color? If not, what color did you guys end up getting?
Virgule82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:31 AM   #29
cambookpro
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgule82 View Post
So I just filed a quest for a replacement. Just a question: Do you get to choose the color? If not, what color did you guys end up getting?
Sent in two, one white and one black, got two silvers in return.
cambookpro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:33 AM   #30
hogger129
macrumors newbie

What generation Nano is the recall on? Do you still have to have the factory warranty to get a new one? I have an older Nano that took a dump (doesn't hold a charge) and I wouldn't mind getting a new one for free.
hogger129 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:10 AM   #31
webslinger85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
What generation Nano is the recall on? Do you still have to have the factory warranty to get a new one? I have an older Nano that took a dump (doesn't hold a charge) and I wouldn't mind getting a new one for free.
Has to be a first gen.
webslinger85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:17 PM   #32
mdehoogh
macrumors member

Submitted the request on Feb 13, received the empty box on the 18th and dropped it off at FedEx that same day. I received a silver 6th gen on Feb 21.

Does anyone know if apple issues new serial numbers on refurbished units? I typed in the serial number on some apple s/n site and it said:
Build Year: - This unit was built in the first half of 2013.
Build Week - Week 5 (January) or week 32 (July)

It also looks like it's brand new with no scratches or marks anywhere on the device. It kinda leads me to believe it's brand new rather than refurb
mdehoogh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:04 AM   #33
Virgule82
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambookpro View Post
Sent in two, one white and one black, got two silvers in return.
Thanks!

I guess if people are still getting 6th gen. nanos made in 2013 they must be keeping a factory line open just for the replacement program. I wonder how much money this has cost them. Not that Apple lacks cash...
Virgule82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:30 PM   #34
yateseyd1991
macrumors regular

I don't work for Apple but I'm pretty sure all these nanos are brand new and not refurbished due to the sheer number of Nanos submitted for the recall, lucky us!

iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 240GB, Shure SE425's
yateseyd1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:45 PM   #35
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgule82 View Post
Thanks!

I guess if people are still getting 6th gen. nanos made in 2013 they must be keeping a factory line open just for the replacement program. I wonder how much money this has cost them. Not that Apple lacks cash...
They still make loads of devices, including the original iPhone. Anything 2007 or newer is still made both refurbished and new if required.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdehoogh View Post
Submitted the request on Feb 13, received the empty box on the 18th and dropped it off at FedEx that same day. I received a silver 6th gen on Feb 21.

Does anyone know if apple issues new serial numbers on refurbished units? I typed in the serial number on some apple s/n site and it said:
Build Year: - This unit was built in the first half of 2013.
Build Week - Week 5 (January) or week 32 (July)

It also looks like it's brand new with no scratches or marks anywhere on the device. It kinda leads me to believe it's brand new rather than refurb
The serial date will be "made" when it was refurbished. And refurbs will all have a brand new outer casing and battery so they'll always look new .
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod