Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this was the right place to post this question but since I'm using an Apple TV I figured I would start here. I'm thinking of getting a combo blu ray disc. It includes the movies TimeCop and Bloodsport on 1 blu ray disc. Before I put down any money to get it I was wondering if anyone had experience with ripping multiple movies from 1 disc?

Will they show up as separate movies? Will they be 1 movie file? If so is there a way to separate the movies? I'm using a late 2012 iMac with 24 GBs of RAM and a Samsung external Blu Ray player with the most recent Beta version of MakeMKV, most recent version of Handbrak, & most recent version of VLC. I posted the same inquiry at the MakeMKV forums but just wanted to cover all the bases. I appreciate any information!!!

Thanks!!

KevinC867

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Saratoga, CA
They'll be separate movie files in the disk. Pretty simple. Just select the two longest movie files.

Yes. MakeMKV will list each title and give you the option to copy it or not. In addition to the main movie title(s), there are usually a lot of short titles for extras and so forth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.