Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Thanks for the input. If I have the 4s I think I would just stick with it, but you guys have convinced me to trade in the 4 for the 5 :)

I heard that the iphone 5's camera is not good for taking self portraits though... pimples and everything show! hahaha :p

Yeah its prettty dam sharp the front camera, plenty of apps to change around your photos though to hide that lmao!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Buy a used iPhone 4 or 4S to hold you off until the iPhone 5S/6…

Or just buy the iPhone 5 and be done with it.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Go for the 4S. Its the better quality phone. The iPhone 5 feels cheap and has an extremely awkward form factor.

Nobody better tell me otherwise either!!!

Jets1230

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
My wife got a 5 and I got the 4. Mine does the same thing hers do And make phone calls and surf Internet the same way! Hers just bigger screen and looks like a tv remote ! The internals mean nothing to me when I satisfy with what it does infact they need to update sum of the apps to run on the 5

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Can't get it anywhere in Ireland. Android is laggy no matter what, I had a GS3 (won it), sold it to buy a iPhone!

My recent androids have never had lag. As to your question, it doesn't really matter as its whatever satisfies you. There is no.wrong or right answer.

Darryjr

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2013
New York
Forget the nexus 4, if you are going to go with android go with the lg optimus g. The thing is a beast of a phone, same internals as the nexus, but a much better device. It's the unforeseen android gem......

Charcoalwerks

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
Maryland
I still have my 4. It's not laggy at all. Paid $250 for it December 2011. I use Straighttalk $45 a month. I have a 32Gb 3GS for a back up. Great phones.:D

lucasfer899

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
London
Are u serious? Get the iphone 5 without a doubt. No question about it. LTE, great 8 megapixel shooter, very fast processor, and a bigger screen with a better front camera as well.

IPhone 4 is old man the iphone 4 wont be supported past iOS 7 imo. I5 is much more future proof, dont get the i4 trust me get the new iphone 5

The bigger and higher color saturation screen on the i5 is just amazing.

As for color pick what you prefer i think the black slate iPhone 5 is menacing, it looks beautiful ...i like the white iPhone 5 too alot they both look beautiful. Louder speaker phone, higher volume and clearer voice quality in the ear phone when your on call too.

Lets not forget that the i4 has the antenna problem if you hold it in certain ways, not with the i5 you get much better cell reception and 2 antennas so you cant death grip the i5.

Get the i5... There is absolutely no reason why you should get a much slower 3G iphone over a much faster LTE iphone unless your on a budget.

I think the i5 is a much better choice, you also get the new Earpod headphones and the Lightning cable which is the new Apple wire now (30 pin connector retired)

AND the iPhone 5 resale value will be much higher then the i4 in the future so. i think the choice is pretty obvious man

Woah, someones excited! And I totally agree.

Buy a used iPhone 4 or 4S to hold you off until the iPhone 5S/6…

Or just buy the iPhone 5 and be done with it.
Why "buy used + hold off"? It's pointless, just buy the latest gen and keep it for longer. Still using my release day iPhone 4.

Go for the 4S. Its the better quality phone. The iPhone 5 feels cheap and has an extremely awkward form factor.

*tells you otherwise*
If I could afford one, there'd be one in my pocket. (i5)

I still have my 4. It's not laggy at all. Paid $250 for it December 2011. I use Straighttalk $45 a month. I have a 32Gb 3GS for a back up. Great phones.:D

Finally someone else who isn't complaining about a laggy 4, mines fine, people! :rolleyes:

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008

i had the 4 for 2 years and 3 months. The 5 feels better. You dont know what your talking about.

rrcompton

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Orlando
You have never seen an iPhone 5.

I agree with MattMJB0188. I've had the 3 / 3s / 4 / 4s / 5 and to me the 4s is perfect.

I bought a 32gb 5 this past week and within 3 days I returned it. The build feels cheap to me, maybe it's because of how light it, which I didn't like at all. The height is nice to use in the horizontal mode but using it vertical with one hand is a little hard. And as far as speed goes, I didn't noticed it being any faster than my 4s. :confused:

I'm perfectly happy w/ my 32gb 4s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.