Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:42 PM   #1
cassith
macrumors newbie

How long after upgrading to i5 on dumbphone can I switch to my primary line?

I hope this makes sense. Today I upgraded my 2nd line with the iphone5 so that I can keep my primary line unlimited. Can I go ahead and switch the iphone 5 to my line now, or should I wait a day or so? I just want to make sure my unlimited doesn't change after activating it on my line. I googled around a bit but couldn't come up with an answer. TIA
cassith is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:02 PM   #2
cassith
macrumors newbie

I'm with Verizon, btw
cassith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:52 PM   #3
maliu
macrumors 6502a

You can switch immediately, but have to leave the 5 off for 24 hours for the SIM card to be be able to activate on the new number. Or, if you get a new SIM card you can do it right then.

----------

I activated the 5, then had them switch the phones back during my same phone call with Verizon.
maliu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:16 PM   #4
cassith
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliu View Post
You can switch immediately, but have to leave the 5 off for 24 hours for the SIM card to be be able to activate on the new number. Or, if you get a new SIM card you can do it right then.

----------

I activated the 5, then had them switch the phones back during my same phone call with Verizon.
Thank you. I got impatient and called into tech support who went ahead and switched them around for me. He said it absolutely would not effect my unlimited plan and it hasn't so far, so I am happy.
cassith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:07 AM   #5
superfly33
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
Thank you. I got impatient and called into tech support who went ahead and switched them around for me. He said it absolutely would not effect my unlimited plan and it hasn't so far, so I am happy.
That is true. I also called tech to put my sim into "aging status." But he said that was not necessary. I still have my unlimited plan two months later.
superfly33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone