Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:40 AM   #1
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

New bug in 10.8.2

Has anyone else noticed this bug? I have guest accounts turned off on my MBP's, but after this new patch, it's back on . . . and although it says "disabled" in the system preferences, it is still available upon login. I've tried toggling the switch and that seems wrong. Check mark to enable it, but then it's listed as "disabled" and vice-versa.

Anyone else have this problem, anyone have a work around? Would like to turn off Guest Accounts again.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:05 AM   #2
drlunanerd
macrumors 65816

IIRC if you have Find My Mac enabled it allows Guest login but only to the Recovery partition?
drlunanerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:11 AM   #3
Peace
macrumors P6

In the preference pane under users > log in options make sure you have "name and password" checked instead of "list of users".
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4
mckey
macrumors member

I also noticed that the Guess User account was enabled on both my mbp & mac mini and thought that was very odd since I've never set up a guess user account on either computer.I was able to enter my pass word and uncheck the "allow guest to connect to shared folders" option and disable the guess user account.But the remove option isn't available.......
mckey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:07 PM   #5
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckey View Post
I also noticed that the Guess User account was enabled on both my mbp & mac mini and thought that was very odd since I've never set up a guess user account on either computer.I was able to enter my pass word and uncheck the "allow guest to connect to shared folders" option and disable the guess user account.But the remove option isn't available.......
Right, I know I had it disabled / removed previously and never had any problems. It looks like they reset the setting but the switch was set the wrong way. Today I went in and just checked the setting, and when I reset it was back to normal.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion