Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Does anyone know o any free or reasonably priced apps for creating/editing/packaging icons?

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011

Rileh

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for responding!! I thought that this thread was just going to be ignored.

Rileh: I have CandyBar and didn't know that it had editing capabilities. How do you do that in CB?

Charcoalwerks: I just downloaded it; thanks for the link!

Oh CandyBar can't edit, just apply icons. I just use photoshop to make my own if I feel the need. You dont need any other software, just save as .png

I made this iTunes logo myself.

Attachments

• ituneslogo.png
    ituneslogo.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 189

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Oh CandyBar can't edit, just apply icons. I just use photoshop to make my own if I feel the need. You dont need any other software, just save as .png

I made this iTunes logo myself.

I like it. I was trying to use GIMP to make an iTunes icon where the colors were inverted but it looked like utter ........well, you know. I just can't afford photoshop so I think I'm stuck with GIMP or other apps like that.

Rileh

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
I like it. I was trying to use GIMP to make an iTunes icon where the colors were inverted but it looked like utter ........well, you know. I just can't afford photoshop so I think I'm stuck with GIMP or other apps like that.

Oh honestly Im not very good with photoshop but that logo was easy. Just Quick Selection tool an fill colour with some circles. Took like 5 minutes.

Ah I got a heavy student discount through my school for the whole Creative Suite :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.