Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cassith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
I hope this makes sense. Today I upgraded my 2nd line with the iphone5 so that I can keep my primary line unlimited. Can I go ahead and switch the iphone 5 to my line now, or should I wait a day or so? I just want to make sure my unlimited doesn't change after activating it on my line. I googled around a bit but couldn't come up with an answer. TIA

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
You can switch immediately, but have to leave the 5 off for 24 hours for the SIM card to be be able to activate on the new number. Or, if you get a new SIM card you can do it right then.

----------

I activated the 5, then had them switch the phones back during my same phone call with Verizon.

cassith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
You can switch immediately, but have to leave the 5 off for 24 hours for the SIM card to be be able to activate on the new number. Or, if you get a new SIM card you can do it right then.

----------

I activated the 5, then had them switch the phones back during my same phone call with Verizon.

Thank you. I got impatient and called into tech support who went ahead and switched them around for me. He said it absolutely would not effect my unlimited plan and it hasn't so far, so I am happy. :)

superfly33

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Thank you. I got impatient and called into tech support who went ahead and switched them around for me. He said it absolutely would not effect my unlimited plan and it hasn't so far, so I am happy. :)

That is true. I also called tech to put my sim into "aging status." But he said that was not necessary. I still have my unlimited plan two months later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.