Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Stop bumping the thread FFS.
Check AT&T's coverage map to see if you have it, or the link above to see if there are plans for it.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Anyone have any inside info on when Fresno gets 4G LTE?

Maybe call AT&T and ask them directly? That probably will give you as good a shot at getting any kind of "inside" information. You'll have just as much of a chance of the information the phone rep gives you about LTE rollout being accurate as you would on this forum.

I highly doubt that anyone who has inside knowledge of AT&T's timeline for LTE rollout would respond to this question by saying anything other than "it's coming. . .sit tight."

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
California
Maybe call AT&T and ask them directly? That probably will give you as good a shot at getting any kind of "inside" information. You'll have just as much of a chance of the information the phone rep gives you about LTE rollout being accurate as you would on this forum.

I highly doubt that anyone who has inside knowledge of AT&T's timeline for LTE rollout would respond to this question by saying anything other than "it's coming. . .sit tight."
Actually a forum member has already PM'ed me with some preliminary information. There are several insider contributors and industry watchers here on the forum. So don't doubt it too much. Calling an AT&T call center would be a complete waste of time, they know nothing about LTE rollouts in advance, or even after official announcements.
I get 4G here in clovis/Fresno.
4G is not LTE. It's AT&T-speak for fast 3G.
Stop bumping the thread FFS.
Check AT&T's coverage map to see if you have it, or the link above to see if there are plans for it.
I'm operating within forum rules, friend. Clicking on a coverage map or waiting for AT&T to announce does not address my question.

Last edited:

Fresno LTE

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡~~~~~inside information~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!

Fresno/clovis/selma/sanger/fowler are scheduled for January/February of 2013. Expect delays if the Monterrey area gets delayed. We are next in line guys! I will post speedtest on my Galaxy Note II. Dont expect the same results as me as I have Qualcomm 4G!

----------

Fresno/clovis/selma/sanger/fowler are scheduled for January/February of 2013. Expect delays if the Monterrey area gets delayed. We are next in line guys!

PS! Kerman is NOT included, nor is madera. Sorry guys!

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
California
Fresno/clovis/selma/sanger/fowler are scheduled for January/February of 2013. Expect delays if the Monterrey area gets delayed. We are next in line guys! I will post speedtest on my Galaxy Note II. Dont expect the same results as me as I have Qualcomm 4G!

----------

Great news! Thanks for posting and would appreciate any updates as you get them.

mikeymike88

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
I chatted with ATT support on their website to see if they could give me an ETA on this and they told me 4/15/13. I was kind of surprised that they gave me an exact date, but this is what they said!

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Actually a forum member has already PM'ed me with some preliminary information. There are several insider contributors and industry watchers here on the forum. So don't doubt it too much. Calling an AT&T call center would be a complete waste of time, they know nothing about LTE rollouts in advance, or even after official announcements.

4G is not LTE. It's AT&T-speak for fast 3G.
I'm operating within forum rules, friend. Clicking on a coverage map or waiting for AT&T to announce does not address my question.

Re-read your posts in this thread, shouldn't be a surprise to you why others aren't particularly inclined to help you.

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
California
Re-read your posts in this thread, shouldn't be a surprise to you why others aren't particularly inclined to help you.

Actually many people in this thread and in PMs have been very helpful. Not you, but many others.

I chatted with ATT support on their website to see if they could give me an ETA on this and they told me 4/15/13. I was kind of surprised that they gave me an exact date, but this is what they said!
Great, thanks very much for the info.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

So for which areas and towns? We're what 2-3 weeks away highly doubt anything happens?!

mikeymike88

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
I'm not sure exactly which areas because I only asked about Fresno and Kingsburg. He said that the towers in both of these areas would be turned on the same day. So I'm assuming/hoping that it will cover all of the towns between at least Fresno and Kingsburg if not more

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
California

----------

Monterey LTE went live last month. That would seem to support the April launch date for Fresno. There is another unsubstantiated report of an August launch date for Fresno.

There have been internet posts regarding sightings of new AT&T cell towers being constructed in Fresno.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Check out the App called "Coverage?". They seem to keep it up to date. You can check the nationwide coverages for the big four (carriers). You can check their 3G,4G(HSPA & LTE) or LTE.

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
California
No LTE in Fresno? I'm shocked. I'm in Bakersfield and we have it :confused:

According to one source, Fresno is one of the two largest AT&T mobile markets in the country that does not yet have LTE. They have been hemorrhaging customers to Verizon locally over this issue for the last 2 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.