Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 23, 2013, 06:40 AM   #1
swanseaboy
macrumors newbie

Run iTunes for all users on one PC (W7)

Hi, sorry if I'm asking in the wrong forum...

My one and main PC is currently set up for one user, and now the kids are getting older I'm planning on setting up different accounts for everyone.

I would like to set up iTunes so that all users will have access to the same settings, etc. I don't want to go down the 'sharing' route as some of the functionality is lost, and was just hoping that a reinstall of iTunes will appear for everyone. Is this possible?

swanseaboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 07:07 AM   #2
swanseaboy
macrumors newbie

Think I've managed it, the library and settings are stored on a separate drive and I just pointed the new user account's iTunes settings on startup (of iTunes) to the library file that was stored there.

At least I think that's the way!
swanseaboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store