Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigdavecox90

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Only just purchased a new Macbook Air, less than a week old.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the battery life.

It is currently unplugged and showing 81%, however the time remaining is showing 2:32hours.

I thought that these were supposed to have 5-7 hour battery lives or am I completely wrong?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Only just purchased a new Macbook Air, less than a week old.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the battery life.

It is currently unplugged and showing 81%, however the time remaining is showing 2:32hours.

I thought that these were supposed to have 5-7 hour battery lives or am I completely wrong?
The time remaining is a constantly changing estimate, based on the current workload on your system. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

bigdavecox90

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
The time remaining is a constantly changing estimate, based on the current workload on your system. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Thanks for your advice, I'll have a read now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.