Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:15 PM   #26
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

Received my bunker bamboo case today. WOW!!! It is amazing. It is much thinner too than the images show. It fits nice and snug. Couldn't be happier after a looonnngg decision process. Thanks to Jon at Twig. These cases are mint.
DanUC6 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:01 PM   #27
RMferrer
macrumors member

Got my case today and wow! Remarkable craftsmanship, fits very snug.

Currently I have a skinomi screen protector front and back. It is VERY snug and will most likey be removing the back protector when the bodyguardz pure screen comes in.

Thanks again guys!
RMferrer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 05:41 AM   #28
DanielCoffey
macrumors 65816

Well as promised, here are pics of my Twig Case Plain Bamboo along with the BodyGuardz Pure glass screen protector. It looks wonderful on the white iPhone 5 and there is significant variation from case to case with the position of the bamboo "knots"...

For those folks who play MahJong, you may have seen the bone and bamboo tiles. When I saw the bamboo Twig Case, it reminded me of their appearance. The set I have here is between eighty and ninety years old and the bamboo in that set is much denser than in the Twig Case (as well as being polished and lacquered) but the resemblance is there...

Flipping the phone over, that black screen on the white phone looks so smart with the dark edge of the Twig Case...

It is just crying out for a mahjong-themed wallpaper...

I will post the wallpapers that I have created in the iPhone 5 Wallpapers forum in a little while for critique but I think this case, phone and screen protector make a nice combination.

Well done TwigCase for designing these cases.
DanielCoffey is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 06:02 PM   #29
jcapz
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
Well as promised, here are pics of my Twig Case Plain Bamboo along with the BodyGuardz Pure glass screen protector. It looks wonderful on the white iPhone 5 and there is significant variation from case to case with the position of the bamboo "knots"...

For those folks who play MahJong, you may have seen the bone and bamboo tiles. When I saw the bamboo Twig Case, it reminded me of their appearance. The set I have here is between eighty and ninety years old and the bamboo in that set is much denser than in the Twig Case (as well as being polished and lacquered) but the resemblance is there...

Flipping the phone over, that black screen on the white phone looks so smart with the dark edge of the Twig Case...

It is just crying out for a mahjong-themed wallpaper...

I will post the wallpapers that I have created in the iPhone 5 Wallpapers forum in a little while for critique but I think this case, phone and screen protector make a nice combination.

Well done TwigCase for designing these cases.
Great post thanks! I'm thinking of getting this same one eventually. Question...does it seem like the aluminum will scratch from putting the case on and taking it off from time to time? Or is the inside smoothly made? Thanks in advance for your reply.
jcapz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 01:30 AM   #30
DanielCoffey
macrumors 65816

The inside is smooth and there are pads of microfibre material on the major flat areas too.

The lower half is designed to be pulled off and on to allow docking for when you have a lightning dock without adjustable height of the connector so I would assume it is safe. After all, the Richlite material is softer than the aluminium of the phone.

If you got grit in-between the phone and case then it would scratch regardless of which case you had fitted.
DanielCoffey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:43 AM   #31
TannersDad
macrumors newbie

Shipping schedule

Posting this for anyone else in the same boat. I was getting a bit worried by my continued "unfulfilled" status and the absence of any obvious contact info on the Twig site. I am happy to report that I just received notice that my One Tree case that I ordered on 12/6 shipped 12/18. Really looking forward to seeing it in real life.
TannersDad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:15 AM   #32
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannersDad View Post
Posting this for anyone else in the same boat. I was getting a bit worried by my continued "unfulfilled" status and the absence of any obvious contact info on the Twig site. I am happy to report that I just received notice that my One Tree case that I ordered on 12/6 shipped 12/18. Really looking forward to seeing it in real life.
Nice. I am waiting on the black bunker. Also received my shipping info!!
DanUC6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:24 PM   #33
mysterydate
macrumors regular

Pre-Order Stragglers & stuff

Hey all - I don't know if there are any on here, but I'm posting to remind anyone who had an iPhone 5 case pre-order that the codes are going to expire at the end of the year!

Don't let the Mayan Apocalypse of cases happen to you! Get on in there

Also, a huge thanks to all you MR folks - you kept us busy with 4 and 5 cases! We're excited about next year and will be bringing out some sweet new stuff.

Never hesitate to email us with any questions!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:24 AM   #34
FatChick
macrumors member

what designs did you guys order?
FatChick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:46 PM   #35
mysterydate
macrumors regular

Hi all - I'd like to compile a list of screen protectors that work with our cases, as there are a zillion out there, and one of us.

Can everyone post what they're using?

Last edited by mysterydate; Feb 23, 2013 at 03:31 PM.
mysterydate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:30 PM   #36
mysterydate
macrumors regular

In honor of our one-thousandth "like" on Facebook, (and cause we're swell) discount code 'bamboozled' at checkout will get you 20% off for the next 20 days!
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:50 PM   #37
dwa2011
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterydate View Post
In honor of our one-thousandth "like" on Facebook, (and cause we're swell) discount code 'bamboozled' at checkout will get you 20% off for the next 20 days!
Congrats! hope your company continues to flourish!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:53 AM   #38
theautopilot
macrumors 6502a

These cases are stunning. I would order one now, but from the few photos I have see the lightning port opening looks way to tight and would be too small for the dock I have.

Can anyone comment?
theautopilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:41 PM   #39
mysterydate
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by domrevans View Post
These cases are stunning. I would order one now, but from the few photos I have see the lightning port opening looks way to tight and would be too small for the dock I have.

Can anyone comment?
If you have the 30 pin to lightning plug - it won't fit. (I don't think that fits any 'enclosed' case.)

If you have the 30 pin to lightning cable adapter, it will.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:04 PM   #40
theautopilot
macrumors 6502a

Question

Quote:
If you have the 30 pin to lightning plug - it won't fit. (I don't think that fits any 'enclosed' case.)

If you have the 30 pin to lightning cable adapter, it will.
Thanks, I was not actually referring to the adapters (I don't have one) but if the cabled adaptor fits then my dock probably will. But it's a lot to spend on a case though to find out it won't.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:59 PM   #41
mysterydate
macrumors regular

Quote:
Thanks, I was not actually referring to the adapters (I don't have one) but if the cabled adaptor fits then my dock probably will. But it's a lot to spend on a case though to find out it won't.
Well, you do get a 30 day, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" period to check it out, fall in love, plan a candlelit dinner, propose on bended knee, and tie the knot.

No pressure.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:15 PM   #42
theautopilot
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well, you do get a 30 day, "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" period to check it out, fall in love, plan a candlelit dinner, propose on bended knee, and tie the knot.

No pressure.
Lol, that was probably the best sales ever pitch i have ever heard.

I actually already do love your cases but as I'm in the UK the shipping would be expensive.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:43 PM   #43
mysterydate
macrumors regular

Quote:
Lol, that was probably the best sales ever pitch i have ever heard.

I actually already do love your cases but as I'm in the UK the shipping would be expensive.
Mid-afternoon caffeine is a beautiful thing Many of our cases are available from our Russian distributor: Gembox.ru. Don't know what shipping would be like from there or how the exchange rate might affect the $, so YMMV.

Otherwise - there is that 'bamboozled' 20% off code, which would pay for shipping.

You could also move to Minnesota, and I could bring one to your house.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:14 PM   #44
mysterydate
macrumors regular

Apparently our site was down for some time (waiting until I wasn't looking!), but is now back up.

I've extended our 20% discount code 'YouAreSwell' for anyone who missed the deadline.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 08:34 PM   #45
bloodyredd
macrumors newbie

Hey there! Since I saw this thread awhile ago, I would share that I asked my Aunt from the United States to order a blue Meander for me. What should I expect? It really looks good and I can't decide whether to go for a bamboo design or the meander.
bloodyredd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:54 AM   #46
FatChick
macrumors member

best case i've ever used so far!

FatChick is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2013, 09:41 PM   #47
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

After months of case searching I am back here. Overall I think the Twig Case is the best all around slim protective case. Ordered a all black bunker. Should have never let it go.
DanUC6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:55 AM   #48
Willsonchen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealohilani View Post
Bunker in bamboo
you case is great, how about its performance?
Willsonchen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 08:05 PM   #49
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

Twig Case customer service (aka Jon @ Twig) is the best. I was torn whether or not to purchase this case on multiple occasions. Tried a brown bunker but knew my heart was with the black. Ordered a custom case and cant wait to receive it. Thanks Jon & Twig Case. Oh if you have ANY questions you will get a personal solid response, and if your lucky some humor.
DanUC6 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 11:07 PM   #50
dwa2011
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUC6 View Post
Twig Case customer service (aka Jon @ Twig) is the best. I was torn whether or not to purchase this case on multiple occasions. Tried a brown bunker but knew my heart was with the black. Ordered a custom case and cant wait to receive it. Thanks Jon & Twig Case. Oh if you have ANY questions you will get a personal solid response, and if your lucky some humor.
I have to second this. Jon is always a great guy to work with. I love my "Bubble Up" Case! I use it everyday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01039.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	944.8 KB
ID:	410539 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01044.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	950.6 KB
ID:	410541
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01038.JPG
Views:	33