Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Proxy One

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Well I never got my box in the mail to send mine back, then apple canceled my claim last week, I just resubmitted my claim and two days later I got a box. I dont know what happened the first time, oh well.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Well I never got my box in the mail to send mine back, then apple canceled my claim last week, I just resubmitted my claim and two days later I got a box. I dont know what happened the first time, oh well.

Probably just lost in the post.

Virgule82

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
So I just filed a quest for a replacement. Just a question: Do you get to choose the color? If not, what color did you guys end up getting?

hogger129

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
What generation Nano is the recall on? Do you still have to have the factory warranty to get a new one? I have an older Nano that took a dump (doesn't hold a charge) and I wouldn't mind getting a new one for free.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
What generation Nano is the recall on? Do you still have to have the factory warranty to get a new one? I have an older Nano that took a dump (doesn't hold a charge) and I wouldn't mind getting a new one for free.

Has to be a first gen.

mdehoogh

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2012
Submitted the request on Feb 13, received the empty box on the 18th and dropped it off at FedEx that same day. I received a silver 6th gen on Feb 21.

Does anyone know if apple issues new serial numbers on refurbished units? I typed in the serial number on some apple s/n site and it said:
Build Year: - This unit was built in the first half of 2013.
Build Week - Week 5 (January) or week 32 (July)

It also looks like it's brand new with no scratches or marks anywhere on the device. It kinda leads me to believe it's brand new rather than refurb

Virgule82

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
Sent in two, one white and one black, got two silvers in return.

Thanks!

I guess if people are still getting 6th gen. nanos made in 2013 they must be keeping a factory line open just for the replacement program. I wonder how much money this has cost them. Not that Apple lacks cash...

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
I don't work for Apple but I'm pretty sure all these nanos are brand new and not refurbished due to the sheer number of Nanos submitted for the recall, lucky us!

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Thanks!

I guess if people are still getting 6th gen. nanos made in 2013 they must be keeping a factory line open just for the replacement program. I wonder how much money this has cost them. Not that Apple lacks cash...

They still make loads of devices, including the original iPhone. Anything 2007 or newer is still made both refurbished and new if required.

----------

Submitted the request on Feb 13, received the empty box on the 18th and dropped it off at FedEx that same day. I received a silver 6th gen on Feb 21.

Does anyone know if apple issues new serial numbers on refurbished units? I typed in the serial number on some apple s/n site and it said:
Build Year: - This unit was built in the first half of 2013.
Build Week - Week 5 (January) or week 32 (July)

It also looks like it's brand new with no scratches or marks anywhere on the device. It kinda leads me to believe it's brand new rather than refurb

The serial date will be "made" when it was refurbished. And refurbs will all have a brand new outer casing and battery so they'll always look new :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.