Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erkalanger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I just got this idea about a music recognition plug-in for your mac. The app would always be active in the background, listening to whatever audio is played back by the computer, trying to recognise music. Like if Im watching a movie and a song plays, a growl-like message will pop up telling me the name of the song and the artist etc. It would be cool if all identified songs where saved in a log file, or even better, in a Spotify playlist for me to go back to and listen to.

Develop it and you have at least one definite buyer :D

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
I actually like the idea, but to make any money out of it you'd need some business acumen!

You have given me an idea though, why not take the idea a lot further? How about a wearable webcam & microphone, and record your entire day. It'll recognise any music you hear, but also record every conversation and use speech recognition to log it, use facial recognition to identify everyone you meet and log their details... (ok, I'm just being silly..)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.