Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
And what if your passion is something that you can’t make a living off? Making lots of money in another field would allow you to do what you love in your off time :)

Good point. Or try and find a job where you make a ******** of ot and still get a huge pension, like a cop on Long Island and you can retired early and find your passion then.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Thanks everyone for you suggestions. My dad knows a lot of different 6 figure jobs, but I will not tell me what they are. :(

determined09

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I suppose a first step is to work on communication skills.

Whatever

----------

:confused:

Perhaps he thinks you're not qualified for them?

My father and I don't have a good relationship. He was verbally and emotionally abusive to me while I was growing up. There were many different times when things were going well for me, he will try to prevent me from doing well. I could make 4 A's and one B's and it was never good enough for him ever.

Streffert

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
MSP
I myself tried pharm school, I now make more selling roofs. Look into it if you enjoy solving problems and working with people. (Opposite of a pharmacist ;) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.