Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
What is your definition of not working correctly, dude?

Do you mean when someone calls you, you don't see a banner across the top of the screen indicating who is calling?

Again with the mocking..

I don't need your help id rather not have the app work than deal with you more

Thanks though

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Again with the mocking..

I don't need your help id rather not have the app work than deal with you more

Thanks though

It was a serious question and you tossed out 'dude' first.

100s or 1000s of people using callbar successfully but you. Right.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
It was a serious question and you tossed out 'dude' first.

100s or 1000s of people using callbar successfully but you. Right.

I'm from CA and use dude every day, it was not meant to be degrading, rather as an appeal like "hey man" or "dude" is often used. You've been pissed this whole time at me for my post not being up to par, to which I have tried to edit and get to the point more clearly.. Yet you ask questions trying to help when you haven't read the posts that already answers these, also claiming I'm ignoring you when I'm not,

I'm not a tool when it comes to using any computer or iDevices but I have a lot to learn, and instead of helping teach or share ideas of why this happens, you keep posting short, obtuse and very direct questions to which you only want an answer to. THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD, and you're treating me like a kid talking to a mean dad and not discussing anything. If this isn't your style of helping then just move forward bro. I don't need a rude guy/girl talking down to me because I am not as good at using or posting. I get it and am improving but by being this way it's not making another human feel comfortable here. I'm a person too, not just what you see typed. Don't you realize that ? Just as I sucked at having a point, you sucked at being a good teacher or one to help so we both gotta improve. If someone else replies I will respond but I'm truly done having this "conversation" otherwise. I guess it's my loss since CallBar is still spazzing out.. Owell

Last edited:

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It sounds like you might have to restore as a new phone, not from backup.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but if I have my phone in landscape orientation when it turns off, and I get a call, the lockscreen is all messed up and I can't do anything with that call (can't answer or decline). Anyone else have this issue? I'd like to disable Callbar completely from the lockscreen (which used to be an option, it's not anymore).

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Assuming you have springtomize installed (I do recommend), have you tried deleting the preference file for callbar?

To do this go to springtomize in settings, scroll down to more, then click on settings files. Delete the file called callbarprefs. Worth a shot. Respring when done.

Neil.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks!

Assuming you have springtomize installed (I do recommend), have you tried deleting the preference file for callbar?

To do this go to springtomize in settings, scroll down to more, then click on settings files. Delete the file called callbarprefs. Worth a shot. Respring when done.

Neil.

Tha
Is Neil best solution provided so far! I will go do this RIGHT MEOW!

Edit:Just tried it out and you helped me fix it!!!!!! Sassenach (Neil) is my CallBar savior!!!

Last edited:

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Tha

Edit:Just tried it out and you helped me fix it!!!!!! Sassenach (Neil) is my CallBar savior!!!

And how did this messed up prefs file get on your phone? It didn't come with the callbar app or everyone would have this problem. It got on your phone when you did a restore. But I'm the horrible person, who treated you so badly, who in the 10th post on this thread gave you the instructions for identifying your problem, which you ignored.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Tha

Congrats man! Sorry I wasn't around to help troubleshoot. I was real busy all day. For people that use CallBar, once we use it, we can't go back. That first moment you are doing something and the phone rings and kicks you outta that game where you're fighting the final boss, man that pisses me off! Needless to say, I woulda been equally frustrated if I were you and my CallBar stopped working. Glad you figured it out.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
For people that use CallBar, once we use it, we can't go back. That first moment you are doing something and the phone rings and kicks you outta that game where you're fighting the final boss, man that pisses me off!

Completely agree! Call Bar (along w/ Activator) are my 2 favorite/essential JB apps. I could do w/o any JB apps except for these 2 (Call Bar being the first).

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Completely agree! Call Bar (along w/ Activator) are my 2 favorite/essential JB apps. I could do w/o any JB apps except for these 2 (Call Bar being the first).

Yup CallBar is in my short list of must have tweaks as well. Incredible app. They have been doing a great job making sure CallBar continues to work on the latest firmwares. Always one of the first packages I install after a jailbreak.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
And how did this messed up prefs file get on your phone? It didn't come with the callbar app or everyone would have this problem. It got on your phone when you did a restore. But I'm the horrible person, who treated you so badly, who in the 10th post on this thread gave you the instructions for identifying your problem, which you ignored.

Its not that you didnt know or have the right solution, you were and are continuing to be EXTREMELY rude and far too direct with that help - treating me like im a child .. Why the hell would i ever listen to that? Cheer up dude, maybe after i did the fresh reset after i installed my jb apps or tries the failed attempt of using JB backups, when i reinstalled my old apps, it could have slipped in. You werent here so deduce what you want.. In any case youre still being you, which isnt nice to anyone i guess

It seems fate and karma had better plans for me to fix my phone with a better and more easy and much kinder solution!

Last edited:

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Yup CallBar is in my short list of must have tweaks as well. Incredible app. They have been doing a great job making sure CallBar continues to work on the latest firmwares. Always one of the first packages I install after a jailbreak.

Ok reading through this thread i decided to buy CallBar ($3.99 is borderline too much for what it is but oh well). For those of you that use this app alot did you notice that it reverts back to the stock ring tone and did you find a work around for that (or is it just me).

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Ok reading through this thread i decided to buy CallBar ($3.99 is borderline too much for what it is but oh well). For those of you that use this app alot did you notice that it reverts back to the stock ring tone and did you find a work around for that (or is it just me).

I have to experience this, what did you use to install the ringtone? Is it a song from your library or one installed from a repo?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Ok reading through this thread i decided to buy CallBar.

Haha nice! I was hesitant too on purchasing CallBar at $3.99. But I don't regret it obviously. I take it for granted because for the very short term and rare times I'm stock, I always forget how annoying and interrupting phone calls can be when using the iPhone for something else. I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Haha nice! I was hesitant too on purchasing CallBar at $3.99. But I don't regret it obviously. I take it for granted because for the very short term and rare times I'm stock, I always forget how annoying and interrupting phone calls can be when using the iPhone for something else. I hope you enjoy it as much as me.

It does look like that type of app, one that i will forget about overtime and just assume that is the way the phone works and then when i lose my JB i will be like WTH.

BiteSMS and infinidock are that way for me

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
It is a song from a repo, i will try it with a song from my library.

Ok good catch, i switched it to a tone in my library and it worked (my selected ring tone played).
No prob bro, first thing i thought of :) i have a tone from library and it hasnt happened! Glad you got it fixed - ya when my version of callbar spazzed on me i nearly gave up on calling ppl. Such a simple and beautiful tweak

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Tha

I see you fixed it so well done.

Sorry i didn't reply sooner but i have been busy.

The plist file you deleted would have been stored in /var/mobile/library/preferences/

This is what i was talking about earlier in the thread

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
No prob bro, first thing i thought of :) i have a tone from library and it hasnt happened! Glad you got it fixed - ya when my version of callbar spazzed on me i nearly gave up on calling ppl. Such a simple and beautiful tweak

Ok so received my first call using callbar, it was a little touch and go but i got it to work. But omg how do you hang up and get the call to go away.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Ok so received my first call using callbar, it was a little touch and go but i got it to work. But omg how do you hang up and get the call to go away.

RIGHT swipe to answer call....

LEFT swipe to hang-up and decline call....

TAP on banner (during call) to display call options (ie speaker, mute, facetime, etc)

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain

TAP on banner (during call) to display call options (ie speaker, mute, facetime, etc)

I think you can also just tap to answer......I'm sure that's what I do.
And I'm sure it's the far left icon you tap for other options, doesn't work anywhere else.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati

I grabbed the wife's phone and called myself a few times to practice, i have it now.

I panicked on the first call and actually turned the phone off to end the call lol

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
Callbar was the worst purchase I ever made. Every few weeks I try and use it, and every time I think to myself "why do i bother with this junk when the Phone app works perfectly."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.