Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Title says it all curious if anyone heard rumors for 6th gen as I can't find any. I need new router soon though

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Title says it all curious if anyone heard rumors for 6th gen as I can't find any. I need new router soon though

Well, I don't know if you intend you make use of 802.11ac or not(and if you don't have any devices that can or aren't able to afford any; then get the current generation). I say this because I have one from 2009 that still works just as well as the it did the first time I set it up and the range is pretty awesome.

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Well, I don't know if you intend you make use of 802.11ac or not(and if you don't have any devices that can or aren't able to afford any; then get the current generation). I say this because I have one from 2009 that still works just as well as the it did the first time I set it up and the range is pretty awesome.

I will be buying a new Mac or pc and will have a new iPhone or some phone hopefully with that technology so ya I would like to have Ac for future use but Donno when it will be out.. I know Linkseys has an Ac router already but I love apple products and want an extreme basically

bt22

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2009
Alabama
If I am not mistaken, Asus also has an AC router on the market. If I was going to buy an AC router today, I believe I would go with Asus before Linksys. That's just my two cents. I have two Airport Extreme's and both are running great. The one at my house has three airport express's connected to it and I never have any issues.

Paskell

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
If I am not mistaken, Asus also has an AC router on the market. If I was going to buy an AC router today, I believe I would go with Asus before Linksys. That's just my two cents. I have two Airport Extreme's and both are running great. The one at my house has three airport express's connected to it and I never have any issues.

Ah that's good to know I just would like to have an extreme I hear good things. And zero ba things but yet don't want to spend 179 for a new one to just come out right..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.