Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renstar

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Long time reader first time poster...

My setup is brand new still waiting on a few things(chair, wall accessories, picture frame) and still need to move things around. Did a panorama pic so due to my tv being on (Underworld ftw) it made it all strange. Have no fear my wall does not have displaced colors like that.

Setup:
iMac (2012) 27"
MBP (2012) 13"
42" LG TV that's typically connected to my MBP or iMac depending on what Im working on
BT Keyboard/Mouse
Sony sound bar
Printer is inside the metal cabinet thingie along with some of my text books for college
iPhone 5 (taking the pic in a dark room hence the crappy quality)

8502752250_4f26ee9ce8.jpg

Reactions: VirtuallyInsane

bokkow

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
The Netherlands
The BeatBox sounds awesome in my experience, but very bass-driven.
I like a hard bass and albums like Watch The Throne sound excellent. It can go very loud too! Without disturbance. I can make certain parts of the house shake when cranking up the volume to 100%. 200 Watt RMS is pretty tough in such a small and reasonably portable housing. It's very convenient to take it with you to parties btw.

Bolex17:
Nice setup, could i get the wallpapers?

Last edited:

picturetakerman

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
Here is my recently acquired Mac mini set up:

attachment.php

attachment.php

- Mac mini (2012) i7 2,6 Ghz, 16gbs RAM, 256gbs SSD
- Apple Magic Trackpad and Wireless Keyboard
- Logitech 2.1 speakers
- Lg Flatron E2260 1080p display
- 3tb Firewire 800 Western Digital HDD for photos and movies
- 1tb USB 2.0 Western Digital HDD for Time Machine
- iPad 3 64gbs WiFi+LTE with Dock
- (not in the picture) iPhone 4 16gbs.

My last Mac was a Macbook Pro 13" (recently sold) but I switched to the Mac mini because my iPad has become my laptop.

I hope you like it. And sorry for my bad english, I'm from Europe.

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
slight change

hey guys,

wanted to update my setup. i got rid of my mid-2011 mac mini and ps3 and got a gaming pc. this is my first pc and the slight diversion is purely for "fun." i got into the apple eco-system because i went to film school and wanted a mac for FCP. i still have the mpb for that so i don't think i will miss the mac mini much. i could have waited for the mac pro, but i figured that it would still be out of reach, financially. i would kick myself though, if it comes under 2 grand. lol. but, i think the entry price for the upcoming mac pro would be closer to 2.5k with an HD7870 or something. maybe, an HD7950, if apple was generous. anyhoo, still too much for me. so, i got a "gaming pc." maybe, if i really need the horsepower in the future, i can turn it into a hackintosh. so, far i like it. i still wish i didn't have to go to the MBP for the little things that i do, like editing photos, or checking mail, etc.... i am not an apple or windows guy, i just want something that works and works well. what i have realized, so far, though is that even though a mac will generously cost more than a windows pc, the apple eco-system via app store has a lot more options for affordable apps, like pixelmator, sketchbook pro, iDraw, coda, not to mention FCPX and MotionX that are so much cheaper than their windows counterpart, if it even exist. anyway, i am ranting. to my updated setup:

pcmac002_zps08baa076.jpg

pcmac001_zps3f12242d.jpg

the pc is an i7-3770k w/ gtx680. the mac is a mid-2010 15" mbp i7 version w/ hi-res display.

PS--the apple iLife suite also doesn't have an equivalent in the windows world. sigh.

Last edited:

kraunsky

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2009
Melbourne, AU
Here's my little work station. :) Sorry for the shocking iPhone photo!
  • 2x Dell 2209W 22" monitors in vertical mode
  • Late 2008 Macbook - MBP is getting fixed!
  • Panasonic KX-TG2511AL used for VoIP (There's an ATA adapter somewhere there..)
  • Samsung Story Station 1TB External HDD
  • iPad 2 16GB Wifi
  • Apple Wireless Keyboard
  • Logitech Performance M950

Attachments

• Photo 25-02-13 10 09 13 AM1.jpg
    Photo 25-02-13 10 09 13 AM1.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 279

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Here's my little work station. :) Sorry for the shocking iPhone photo!
  • 2x Dell 2209W 22" monitors in vertical mode
  • Late 2008 Macbook - MBP is getting fixed!
  • Panasonic KX-TG2511AL used for VoIP (There's an ATA adapter somewhere there..)
  • Samsung Story Station 1TB External HDD
  • iPad 2 16GB Wifi
  • Apple Wireless Keyboard
  • Logitech Performance M950

Programmer?

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Figured I'd might as well post my other Mac setup however minimalist it may be.

Late 2007 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook with the older (but matching) Apple crumbcatcher keyboard and Griffin iCurve laptop stand.

Still used on occasion for travel as I really don't want dents in my newer MacBook Pro. Had this custom mod made for me so I could just pull up in my wheelchair and work. I like the mini desk, but I've outgrown it with my current Mac setup posted earlier on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 216

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Still working well is my iBook G4. It has a lot of sentimental value to me as it's the first Mac I bought new and CTO with a 100GB hard drive from Apple since it was way too much work to upgrade this design.

The other funny part as when playing WoW, this iBook G4 1.33Ghz did rather well. This was the last model of iBook notebooks ever to be shipped before the move to Intel and the 32bit Core Duo and the awful Intel integrated graphics chipset.

Since my iBook was a CTO model, I couldn't return it nor could I turn my back on it. The old 32GB Radeon 9550 played games smoother on my PPC iBook than the MacBook 1,1 models. WoW was very playable even with some detail sliders cranked to the maximum. Even Halo did rather well for this old 'Book.

Sadly, I no longer have it nor the FireWire iSight camera (which was far better in image quality than the integrated iSight cams for years afterwards) Apple should have kept the product SKU for Mac Pro owners but its a subtle kick in the pants for 30" display lovers. (I'd love one myself if I had the means to run it but the 27" ACD does well for my current Mac

Also pictured is my 5th gen iPod and iPod HiFi. That is a beast of a iPod sound dock but all but swept under the carpet by Apple due to it's price. It was very bass heavy but in overall audio quality, doesn't stand a chance to my Sony bookshelf system. Most every product beyond the fifth generation iPod classic design is no longer compatible. My original iPhone did work in it for a while but the box was not shielded from GSM signal buzz.

Edit: This photo was taken while there were subtle hints of the iPhone coming in 2007. My phone at the time in this pic was a Samsung T-809 which was quite a beast for a feature phone. It had the same MSRP as most Windows Mobile and BlackBerry phones of the time. I used the same phone just until I got comfortable with my first iPhone.

The keyboard and mouse I kept and carried over to use with my original white MacBook.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Not to be pedantic (okay, to be pedantic), but I believe that's a 2012 iMac? If there's a 2013, no one told me :D

The MacBook Pro with Retina display got a spec bump this month and is considered an "Early 2013" model, according to the MacTracker app. I can't say much for the iMac though.

offthehook

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2013
setup.jpg

Here's mine! I like things clean and simple. My logitech Z-5 speakers are well hidden behind the bushes :)

jgould

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2011
Columbus Ohio
Went to Ikea yesterday and spent 1/5 of what I would have spent on the desk at The Container Store. I'm now the proud owner of a Galant series desk with a half round extension on the right, and a extension on the left. I'm still working on putting everything where I want it, but this is pretty close to how it will look when all is said and done.

Old Desk:
IMG_old_desk.jpg

New Desk:
IMG_0097.JPG

And since everyone seems to be intrested in everyone's cable management:
IMG_0098.JPG

The DVI to display port adaptor that is hanging will get routed to the hole that is not yet finished to bring up to the MacBook Pro. To the right of the end of the picture is a 5 port gigabit ethernet switch. Only two wires go from the wiring trough to the ground, the one power strip to the UPS and one network cable. There will be another cable trough added to the other side, Ikea was out of them, but looking at the desk, the long one would have worked in that place as well... I still need to put a few things back in place, but I've extremely happy with the desk thus far. Plenty of space, which is good when you look at my old desk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.