Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

bond.jpg
To promote the release of the latest James Bond film Skyfall on DVD, Fox has released a free app that lets users film themselves in the sights of a gun barrel, like in the iconic Bond opening title sequence.

The app itself is very simple, asking users to use the iPhone's camera to record their target, then letting them share it with friends.

Skyfall Gun Barrel is a free download on the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: App Brings Iconic James Bond 'Gun Barrel' to Your iPhone

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I would have loved this when I was younger. The amount of time myself and friends spent staring at each other down spent toilet roll tubes was ridiculous.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
It needs to have a timing overlay included, so you'll know when to turn and shoot and make it looks as good as possible.

I suppose this would be cool if you were making a fan-made Bond film, otherwise, meh.

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
Big Bond Fan

am so gonna add it to my cool app collection:rolleyes:
( apps that are just cool and there is nothing else it can do collection):cool:

Ingot

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
I would have loved this when I was younger. The amount of time myself and friends spent staring at each other down spent toilet roll tubes was ridiculous.

Thank you sir. You are my hero for the night.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Amazing compilation of clips - it's a journey through my childhood. Lovely to see the continuity and variations in dress, pose, stride and subsequent video shot through the decades.

The followup image is nearly always a personal plane or a truck or a beach shot ... And funny to see Roger Moore cock it up in one clip, putting his left hand on top of his right forearm (destroying his aim). He fixed it the next film, (using his left hand to stabilise his right forearm from underneath).

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
And five year olds are being suspended from school for pointing their fingers and going 'bang'.

When Joke Biden finds out about this he's going to try ban it
and tell the proles to replace their iPhones with shotguns. :D

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
It's the same scene for each actor. Whoever made this could have shortened it down to 30 seconds. My eyes started to bleed. :eek:

Sean Connery was the best 007 BTW. Many of you guys are too young to remember though.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
It's always amusing to see, for those skilled in the matter, just how poorly those actors portray a proper pistol shot. Dalton actually seems to have had some training, but the others...

But with that said, Connery was the best overall. Craig is great too.

fujitsu

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010

Haha. Funny. Got to agree though that I would have loved this when I was younger (teenager, perhaps?).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.