Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:23 AM   #1
c-Row
macrumors 65816

Send a message via ICQ to c-Row
No more converting during import from file in iTunes 11?

I remember that in iTunes 10 I could hold down the Alt key to change one of the menu entries into "Add as Apple Lossless" or whichever import format was set at that moment (note: German version - English entry might have had a different name). What it did was opening a file browser to let me select locally stored files and import and convert them on the fly.

With iTunes 11, all I can do is add the WAVs and convert them to ALAC after I added them to iTunes, which means more unnecessary work. There is an option right under "Create new copy" but that doesn't open a file browser.

Is this option gone for good?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
convert, import, itunes