Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:34 AM   #176
The-Real-Deal82
macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5 is as good as its marketing as far as I am concerned. Don't get the point being made here.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:34 AM   #177
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
What I think of when I read this thread.....

LMAO, That's great!
BHP41 is offline   0
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:52 AM   #178
Jimmy James
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonskovsky View Post
Well, I do buy Apple products for the marketing. Heck, I spend time on my MacBook looking at pictures of MacBooks. Most of the time, the product is just as good as the marketing.
You put a MacBook in your MacBook so you can surf while you surf.
Jimmy James is offline   1
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:53 AM   #179
bonskovsky
Banned

Here's another misconception about the iPhone 5.

That 4G LTE is better than 3G.

4G phones are not a new standard by any means. On our road trip, we're passing through the interstate, it is at this moment where the connections are put to the test.

The 4G phones were the first to peter out. They did not fall back to 3G, but instead opted for the Edge connection. Out on the road, when you need it the most, data connections on the newer 4G phones sputtered to a halt.

I have seen 3G connections faster than 4G connections, you definitely want to be a late comer to 4G because hardly are the towers set up for that connection, you have a real problem.
bonskovsky is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:12 PM   #180
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

4G phones are not a new standard by any means. On our road trip, we're passing through the interstate, it is at this moment where the connections are put to the test.

The 4G phones were the first to peter out. They did not fall back to 3G, but instead opted for the Edge connection. Out on the road, when you need it the most, data connections on the newer 4G phones sputtered to a halt.

I have seen 3G connections faster than 4G connections, you definitely want to be a late comer to 4G because hardly are the towers set up for that connection, you have a real problem.
Are you on Verizon's LTE network? Because I am and I don't see anything about what you're referring to. I do long road trips on a weekly basis for my work, and whenever I go into an area that's not well covered by LTE, it always falls back to a strong 3G signal.

And there is no way that 3G is stronger "in some cases" than LTE, unless you're in an area that doesn't have LTE. Downloading a (legal) torrent, for example, frequently gives me around 600 to 700 kbs (not great, but good enough for a cellular data connection), whereas 3G often is in the low 20's.
Luis2004 is offline   1
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:19 PM   #181
Kissaragi
macrumors 68000

Maybe this thread should be renamed "My misconceptions about the iPhone 5" to make it more accurate?
Kissaragi is offline   2
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:20 PM   #182
bonskovsky
Banned

4G is brand new, like fiber optic, it's not the standard, because of that it's really intermittent. Off/on off/on

I really struggled to survive.
bonskovsky is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:40 PM   #183
El3ctronics
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Completely wrong and filled with misinformation. LTE is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than 3G. Don't know what in the world you're talking about at all.
El3ctronics is offline   2
Old Feb 26, 2013, 01:48 PM   #184
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:

"4G" and "iPhone 5" are not synonymous things, one is cellular data tech the other is a device. Also, I've never "passed through an interstate" How does one do that? Either way it must be a struggle for you to survive dealing with these crimes against humanity.
Interstella5555 is offline   1

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland