Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serky

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Why not just uninstall it? The preferences files for it don't get removed when you uninstall it so when you want LI back after you're done testing, it will be as it was.

Thanks. I knew of this method but was hoping something more like an on/off. It is still a pretty simple way to go though.

JohnPyn

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2013
Hi everyone, I have a very simple question... I believe, I have Lockinfo 5 and BiteSMSM in my jailbroken iPhone 4s IOS 6.1.2 and I was wondering why the screen (in lock mode of course) doesn't dim when I send the message and I have no other pending messages. If I disable lockinfo 5 then it dims but with it it doesn't. I keep the same exact settings I have in BiteSMS which are to dim when I use quick reply or quick compose and in Lockinfo 5 in the "Dim" options I set it to default instead of 15-20-30 secs or a certain amount of time. Yet the screen doesn't dim when I finish replying to a message. Is there anyway to make it dim without of course using the sleep button? Or the 2 things aren't compatible? I've read that BiteSMS and Lockinfo 5 should be compatible together, I really hope there's a solution. Thanks a lot in advance, I'll relaly appreciate any help.

John

Wreckless316

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
Is anyone having problems with voicemail notification? I have tried everything but when I get a voicemail I do not receive the notification In lock info. I receive the notification for a split second but then it disappears. Is there a setting for voicemails that I am missing? I'm on the latest version 5.1.1-153. iPhone 5.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Took me a while to find it, I'm on a mission to get the LS the way I want. I used that springtomize settining to remove the album artwork. I use Jukebox to get the music controls and current playing album in the lock info LS .

Now I just need to remove the song info from showing up right below the clock.

I haven't used Forecast in a while but isn't there an option for it (in the Weather Widget) to show song title or something along those lines?

Ok i turned off the LS clock and turned on the lockinfo weather widget. Doing this removed the extra song data except for a weird bit that showed up ( see picture). The weird bit that showed up would go away if i pulled down on the LI screen and let it snap back.

I am using 20 second lockscreen to keep my LS turned on while it is docked and i have noticed that the weather widget time does not update itself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 64

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
Was not sure if i can use forcast and LI both at the same time. I also kind of thought that the weather widget in LI and forcast were kind of the same thing.

You're correct, the weather widget in LI & Forecast are the same thing and you should not attempt to run both at the same time.

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
How do I show the days of the week for the calendar entries???

I needed something to replace "lock calendar" because I like having the days & times that I work on the lockscreen.

Right now I have a trial of lockinfo 5. It shows all my calendar events but it only shows the date & time, not the day of the week like monday, tuesday, wednesday, etc etc.

How do I show the day of the week on the lockscreen (and in nc, respectively)?? If I can't get the day of the week to show then I'm not going to pay for lockinfo 5. I supplied a picture of my current lockscreen with calendar settings. As you can see, the event & date shows but not the specific day of the week & it bothers me. By the way, that's my dog on my lockscreen. lab/pit mix. Thanks.

Attachments

• lockinfo.PNG
    lockinfo.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 53

Wreckless316

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
Voicemail Notifcation Problem For Lockinfo

Anyone have a problem with voicemail notification? Its driving me crazy that Im getting missed call notification but not voicemail. Are there settings to adjust voicemail notification in lockinfo? I am on 5.1.1-153

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
Why the F*$& doesn't Bulletin work anymore???

Bulletin doesn't work anymore now that I have lockinfo 5. Is there a way to get it back??

And can someone answer my question above about how to get the DAY OF THE WEEK on the calendar entries on the lock screen. Thanks.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
Anyone have a problem with voicemail notification? Its driving me crazy that Im getting missed call notification but not voicemail. Are there settings to adjust voicemail notification in lockinfo? I am on 5.1.1-153

Just tested this. No VM notification either, in both lockscreen and NC. My missed calls also don't appear in NC but they do in lockscreen.

Edit: Running latest official release, 5.1.1-153.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I am seeing an issue with LI and activator.

The swipe down from the top to access LI/NC will stop working everyone in a while. I have to respiring to make it work again.

This only happens when I have a couple of non LI related actions setup in activator. Is anyone else seeing this.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009

The swipe down from the top to access LI/NC will stop working everyone in a while. I have to respiring to make it work again.

This only happens when I have a couple of non LI related actions setup in activator. Is anyone else seeing this.

I haven't had any issues with Activator & LockInfo. I have actions assigned for biteSMS, SleepDepriver, & Auxo set in Activator.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Bulletin doesn't work anymore now that I have lockinfo 5. Is there a way to get it back??

Use either LI or bulletin, uninstall the other

Just tested this. No VM notification either, in both lockscreen and NC. My missed calls also don't appear in NC but they do in lockscreen.

Edit: Running latest official release, 5.1.1-153.

Update to latest beta

No problems on my 4S

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I haven't had any issues with Activator & LockInfo. I have actions assigned for biteSMS, SleepDepriver, & Auxo set in Activator.

No problems on my 4S

Thanks for that, i might play around with the actions i am using. I have a top right swipe down (from the battery area) to mimic a single press of the home button. Also a two finger icon pinch to bring up the app switcher.

Will see if either of those specific moves are causing the issue.

Knocka

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
Calendar Notifications

With Lockinfo 5 installed, I cannot get calendar alerts to pop us on my lock screen. Calendar is in the Notification Center, and set to Badges and Alerts. The sound will play, but the alert does not pop up. Any way to get that working?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
With Lockinfo 5 installed, I cannot get calendar alerts to pop us on my lock screen. Calendar is in the Notification Center, and set to Badges and Alerts. The sound will play, but the alert does not pop up. Any way to get that working?

Do you have "View in Lock Screen" ON? Is the calendar ON in "Calendars>"?

What version of LockInfo 5 are you running?

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
I uninstalled lockinfo 5. Glad there's a trial period. Oh and by the way, I tried emailing the developer to ask him if it's possible to show the days of the week for the calendar entries. He hasn't responded to me yet and it's been quite a while. Loser dev doesn't even check his email on a regular basis.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010

Keep in mind, I haven't seen a way to get a notification to "pop up"/ Instead, when the alert happens, it changes the little colored dot next to the calendar entry to an icon of a Bell. Subtle I know, but that's they way he has it working now (and if you are in consolidated view, that seems to be the only notification you get). If you are Notifications + Widgets or Widgets + Notifications, you should get a separate notification on the Notifications page.

However, my issue is that if you dismiss the alert by sliding to the left, and clicking the X, it removes the notification (as it should), but also removes the event from the listing of calendar entries from the Widget page. I've notified David of this, and he says it's definitely a bug, but I haven't seen it fixed yet in a beta. I'm sure he'll get to it soon.

gregrose

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Wtf lock info 5 is freaking AWFUL! Lock info 4 was perfect why can't it be updated for ios6 I am so disappointed that was my favorite tweak. This Version changes everything and you can't customize at all

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I uninstalled lockinfo 5. Glad there's a trial period. Oh and by the way, I tried emailing the developer to ask him if it's possible to show the days of the week for the calendar entries. He hasn't responded to me yet and it's been quite a while. Loser dev doesn't even check his email on a regular basis.

Did you seriously just call the developer a loser? He's developed one of the best and most popular jb apps around, and the guy has probably made a ton of money selling his app. I don't know about you, but that's certainly not a loser in my book. I'm sure he's really busy so that might be why he didn't reply to you. Maybe he never even got your message. Or maybe he did and he didn't think it was worthy of a reply because the answer is obvious.

I've personally found him to be one of the most accessible devs around. Wish all devs were like him. The guy cranks out updates daily (sometimes several times a day) and he takes suggestions from users very seriously. Give him some time to fix all of the issues.

gregrose

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
He should make lock info 4 available for iOS 6. I paid for this app and I shouldn't be forced into using version 5 that is just awful. Very disappointed

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Wtf lock info 5 is freaking AWFUL! Lock info 4 was perfect why can't it be updated for ios6 I am so disappointed that was my favorite tweak. This Version changes everything and you can't customize at all

It's attitudes like this that make hard working Devs like him not even want to bother. Things change. The API structure underneath the covers changed, so therefore, so did the interface. On top of that, he had received just as many requests before he made the updates to update it in the manner he did. He can't make everyone happy. Deal with it or go use something else. Get over it.

----------

Did you seriously just call the developer a loser? He's developed one of the best and most popular jb apps around, and the guy has probably made a ton of money selling his app. I don't know about you, but that's certainly not a loser in my book. I'm sure he's really busy so that might be why he didn't reply to you. Maybe he never even got your message. Or maybe he did and he didn't think it was worthy of a reply because the answer is obvious.

I've personally found him to be one of the most accessible devs around. Wish all devs were like him. The guy cranks out updates daily (sometimes several times a day) and he takes suggestions from users very seriously. Give him some time to fix all of the issues.

Agreed psywzrd. I've emailed him numerous times about issues or bugs, and have received personal replies from him. For god's sake, he's a normal guy with a wife and two kids, and he cranks out updates all day long trying to make a good product (which, LI5 is actually well designed), and yet he still gets emails and comments like this crap.

But your right applemagic123, he should develop exactly what you want, and not consider all the other requests he's gotten to make it like it is. And he should be waiting around to jump at your emails, which if it's anything like your post here, you probably were insulting, rude and demanding in your email to him. So it's not surprising he hasn't responded.

As I said, I've emailed him numerous times, and received responses back. But your right. Some self centered jerk emails him making demands, and he doesn't respond right away to you, so he must be a loser dev. Whatever. Get a life. Or better yet. Design your own LockInfo if you expect perfection and he isn't delivering fast enough for you. What?? You don't know how? Shocker.

----------

He should make lock info 4 available for iOS 6. I paid for this app and I shouldn't be forced into using version 5 that is just awful. Very disappointed

Are you serious? He didn't even have to give away LI5 for free to people that had LI4. He completely rewrote the app (and for good reasons), and you want to complain because he gave you something for free that he should have charged you for? Don't use it then. Go use something else. Please. That way, the people who are actually on this thread trying to help him make this a better product can actually provide helpful input instead of having to listen to whining like this. BTW - When are you releasing your version of LockInfo?

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Consolidated appearance and disabled widget setting. How is this different to LI4?

And props to the two lads/girls who posted in favour of the dev. David pushes releases out daily, and I've spoken to him a few times within 24hr period. This is one developer you just /cannot/ slate

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

Let me see, your initial question was on the 24th with a repeat question the same day, so 3 days later with a very busy Dev (LI, weathericon 6) he is a loser???

Maybe try again when you are a little older

Wtf lock info 5 is freaking AWFUL! Lock info 4 was perfect why can't it b(e updated for ios6 I am so disappointed that was my favorite tweak. This Version changes everything and you can't customize at all
-

Yes LI4 was better but LI5 had to be re-written, the Dev is actually implementing most of LI4's options as we speak and almost releasing daily updates.
Give it some time, patience is a virtue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.