Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnowakphoto

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Now that my iMac is shipping I can see it is from California. Interesting though is that the "Ship (P/U)" is from Freemont, but the first tracking is from Sacramento. Maybe Apple is sending truckloads to Sacramento, because normally there would be some tracking information at/between Freemont and Sacramento. Are they sending whole truckloads that won't track until they get to the main hub in Sacramento? Since Freemont closed in '92 and Elk Grove closed in '94 I wonder which factory is doing the assembly? I'm just curious as both places were part of my old stomping grounds. I'm really stoked some more American workers are in the assembly chain.

Mine is shipping from CA as well

----------

ordered on the 7th and mine is still "Processing". Even though there was a charge on my card a couple days ago.. ? who knows.. :confused:

i'm sure you'll see a change in status this week.

youeyemind

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2013
Mine has been in transit from Reno for four days now. Not happy. Either Fedex is not updating the movement or my Imac is going to stay in a box in Reno forever. :(

Jonathan20022

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Just got delivered to my local Fedex! Being held for pickup, I'm going to go pick it up in a few minutes and let you guys know how it goes Unboxing and such.

That two day shipping is fantastic, ordered February 4th, Preparing for Shipment 22nd, shipped 23rd, delivered 26th.

So 22 days for me, not bad at all.

amanpatel

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
Ordered mine from Adorama (15 feb, still back-ordered). Probably the most popular "pro" config (i7/680mx/1tb fusion).

The best part? $2479 ($2529 - $50 visa GC i got from them for buying a D600 ;)). This total is the same you would pay for this machine as a student but without any tax! Huzzah.

They have no information about when these will ship, but judging from the forums and the spreadsheet, 20-25 days seems average wait time.

IntellectlyMe

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Ordered mine from Adorama (15 feb, still back-ordered). Probably the most popular "pro" config (i7/680mx/1tb fusion).

The best part? $2479 ($2529 - $50 visa GC i got from them for buying a D600 ;)). This total is the same you would pay for this machine as a student but without any tax! Huzzah.

They have no information about when these will ship, but judging from the forums and the spreadsheet, 20-25 days seems average wait time.

In GA those are available for immediate pickup at all Atlanta areas apple stores.

freddiecable

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2003
Sweden
Just ordered mine:

i7, 3TB Fusion (after anguish from choosing between fusion vs ssd), 8GB, 680 MX.

4-6 weeks.

nice to be part of this esteemed following :)

crgraham32

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
Kentucky
I placed my order for my first mac ever on February 6th.

27" iMac
•2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5
•8GB Ram (upgrade to 24GB upon arrival)
•1TB Fusion Drive
•GTX 660M 512MB GDDR5
•Magic Trackpad
•Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide (had to have the number pad)

As of today, delivery shows:

Delivers Mar 6 - Mar 13 via Standard Shipping

FINALLY!!! I have been refreshing like a mad man all day long and I finally show Preparing For Shipment!!!

AppleAviator

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
California
Hey everybody, latest addition to the February thread.

27" 3.4 i7, 8gb, 1TB Fusion, 680MX

Ordered on February 2nd, 2013

Delivery dates: Feb 28 - Mar 7

Card Charged: 2/20/13

Counting the days till it ships! (the wait is killing me btw...) ;)

Just received my 27", and currently drooling at the thing while typing this. Definitely worth the wait!!

Shipped from Fremont, CA. It does have "Assembled in USA" on the box as well as on the bottom of the stand.

Last edited:

Fried Chicken

Suspended
Jun 11, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply! I initially ordered from B&H on Feb 14th -- But then ended up reordering from apple directly cause I was afraid of the turn around time -- but looks like it's about the same lol -- lost only about six days -- so not a fatal mistake :) -- congrats on your shipment bro!

See if they have your computer in stock and they should get it out right away.

yUnoNinja

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
PDX
Reading all of your posts makes me soooo impatient. I've been to my local Apple store three times already, just to play with the display model so I can fulfill, the not having my imac yet, void.

RebornTheGame

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
Qld, Australia
Yay!! just got the text saying my Imac is on it's way.

Shipped on Feb 26, 2013
Ordered Feb 7, 2013

We're very happy for you iPadilac...even though I, and others, are impatient to receive our own iMacs. I can't get over Macrumors have changed the iMac status to 'Neutral - Mid-product cycle'. Three'ish months and the last refresh taking 577 days! Are they kidding?

Last edited:

iMacfly

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Thank you OP

Thanks op, for this thread.

After reading here that most apple stores have my exact configuration:

i27 3.4 Ghz
8Gb
1Tb Fusion
680 2Gb

I rushed to nearest apple store.

2 hours later I unboxed my new baby. 32Gb arriving on Thursday.

Hang in there people. Its so worth the wait.

My order placed on 15th will be cancelled. Expected ship time was March 16th-23rd.

FantasyX

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
Hello, this is my first post here and I'm glad to join this community after a few months of browsing around. I also just received a shipping notice from Apple stating that my iMac27 got shipped, finally.

The configurations are as follow:
27", 1 TB Fusion, 8GB Ram, NvidiaGeFrc 675MX 1G, Magic Mouse.
I'll be updating it to 32 GB, soon...

Ordered: Feb 7th
Shipped: Feb 26th

Estimated arrival: Mar 1st.

This is my first iMac, and I'm kind thrilled (and anxious) to learn how to use it. I'll be utilizing it mostly for digital art, photo-editing, and probably even for home-recording.
PCs weren't too kind to me over the years, and finally decided to make the switch. I hope I made the right decision. :)

J. Rab

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
just an update -- i ended up canceling my apple.com order for the iMac and opted to buy it in store. got lucky and managed to find the exact one i ordered in store -- so anyone who is waiting -- start calling around and see if any stores have the one you want.

on a side note, even if the online stock says that it wont be available at your store till a later date, it's a lie in some cases. the stores i checked online said they had none in stock but a quick phone call to my local stores proved it wrong. they do in fact have the popular configurations available in stores in some cases. so give it a try -- good luck everyone -- i'll update the spreadsheet!

iMacfly

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
USA
just an update -- i ended up canceling my apple.com order for the iMac and opted to buy it in store. got lucky and managed to find the exact one i ordered in store -- so anyone who is waiting -- start calling around and see if any stores have the one you want.

on a side note, even if the online stock says that it wont be available at your store till a later date, it's a lie in some cases. the stores i checked online said they had none in stock but a quick phone call to my local stores proved it wrong. they do in fact have the popular configurations available in stores in some cases. so give it a try -- good luck everyone -- i'll update the spreadsheet!

What he said. See 2 posts up.

greenlake72

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2013
Kansas
Just clicked "Place Order." 27" i7 3.4Ghz / 8GB / 1TB fusion / 680MX. Delivery date is March 25 - April 2. I don't care -- I still have a 700Mhz iMac G4 running Tiger. My patience is an example for everyone.

Particularly amusing was that the delivery date changed from "March 18-26" to "March 25-April 2" in the time it took to type in my credit card/shipping info.

Last edited:

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
Just over a week ago I ordered a 27" iMac (3.4GHz/8GB RAM/2GB 680MX/1 TB Fusion Drive). My initial ship date was April 3 - April 12 but as of last night it had changed to March 28 - April 3. I've been a Mac user for a long time but this is my first iMac - I can't wait!

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I wish I could afford one. I don't know how you guys do it.

I only have a part time job. I've done a fair bit of overtime, particularly over Christmas and just saved for it. One thing I made sure I did was that I saved extra, so once I've paid for my iMac I still have plenty of money left.

I've always been a saver, been saving all my life and continue to put money into a separate account, so I have a fair bit for the future, e.g. House mortgage etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.