Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starstreak

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2004
I'm using ncsetting with my lockinfo. Mainly for the flashlight ability and to turn off/on wifi and such.

Q: is there a way to hide the bar until I need it? Kinda like how intelliscreenx has it built in where you pull on the screen and it pops out from the top?

Also is there a way to "highlight" the line in my calender event so i pay attention to whats happening now? Like maybe making it bold text?

Is there a way to have the calender show start-end time? Not just when it started?

Lastly, I use Pocket Informant. I see a add-on in Cydia but it crashes. Is there a way to get it to work with the newest version of lockinfo 5?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
I'm using ncsetting with my lockinfo. Mainly for the flashlight ability and to turn off/on wifi and such.

Q: is there a way to hide the bar until I need it? Kinda like how intelliscreenx has it built in where you pull on the screen and it pops out from the top?

Also is there a way to "highlight" the line in my calender event so i pay attention to whats happening now? Like maybe making it bold text?

Is there a way to have the calender show start-end time? Not just when it started?

Lastly, I use Pocket Informant. I see a add-on in Cydia but it crashes. Is there a way to get it to work with the newest version of lockinfo 5?

1 kinda, use setting notification/widgets, you can pull down the menu
2 not yet
3 not yet
4 not yet

My guess is most functionality from LI4 will be restored by the Dev in due time

starstreak

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2004
I dont remember all the features in 4 so I didnt know those were included. Except the PI add on that i tried

I couldn't find an option to hide the ncsettings.

Last edited:

applemagic123

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2009
Let me see, your initial question was on the 24th with a repeat question the same day, so 3 days later with a very busy Dev (LI, weathericon 6) he is a loser???

Maybe try again when you are a little older

-

Yes LI4 was better but LI5 had to be re-written, the Dev is actually implementing most of LI4's options as we speak and almost releasing daily updates.
Give it some time, patience is a virtue...

Excuse me??? EVERYONE in this thread has been blabbing about how they hate lockinfo 5. And in my book, it should be a free upgrade. Like when firefox upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0 or whatever numbers they use.

And yah, I asked the same question twice and NOBODY answered it did they? You guys are very RUDE. An answer to my f*$&ing question would have been nice.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Excuse me??? EVERYONE in this thread has been blabbing about how they hate lockinfo 5. And in my book, it should be a free upgrade. Like when firefox upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0 or whatever numbers they use.

And yah, I asked the same question twice and NOBODY answered it did they? You guys are very RUDE. An answer to my f*$&ing question would have been nice.

proving my point….

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I uninstalled lockinfo 5. Glad there's a trial period. Oh and by the way, I tried emailing the developer to ask him if it's possible to show the days of the week for the calendar entries. He hasn't responded to me yet and it's been quite a while. Loser dev doesn't even check his email on a regular basis.

So members on this forum are your paid servants you assume you brat...? Maybe if your father woud have taught you some humility it would have been better...

As for the Dev... I must have asked him a hundred questions till now... He has responded to 80% of my queries... Even the stupidest and weirdest ones... Maybe you got to learn some manners...

Last edited:

rockitawkwardly

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Question: I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get my Reminders to stay on the lockscreen if they are overdue and not completed. I sometimes put tasks in as "due" a day early or don't do the tasks, but they go away after about 24 hours of being due. I want them to stay up forever as long as they're undone.

:confused::confused::confused:

neotope

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010

I for one prefer LI 5 over previous versions. Also I did not pay for an upgrade it was free of charge. ISX did charge for an update to the new version.

randallw

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011

Uh, it is a free upgrade (for those who purchased LI4).

I sadly read through most of your recent posts on the forum and it comes to no surprise how rude you are to not only other forum people, but also to devs. You have this attitude similar to Veruca Salt (ala Willy Wonka). Grow up.

In the development of LI5, I've contacted the Dev several times via Twitter (@Stimpy5050 and @Lockinfo) and he's been very good at responding to people via social media (perhaps better than email). As others have mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't receive a response if you're email to him was laced with profanities and saying how much his software sucks now.

Sugar catches more flies than vinegar.

serky

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Uh, it is a free upgrade (for those who purchased LI4).

I sadly read through most of your recent posts on the forum and it comes to no surprise how rude you are to not only other forum people, but also to devs. You have this attitude similar to Veruca Salt (ala Willy Wonka). Grow up.

In the development of LI5, I've contacted the Dev several times via Twitter (@Stimpy5050 and @Lockinfo) and he's been very good at responding to people via social media (perhaps better than email). As others have mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't receive a response if you're email to him was laced with profanities and saying how much his software sucks now.

Sugar catches more flies than vinegar.

I agree as well. I like Lockinfo 5 and when I thought I was having an issue, Dave was right on it. I wrote him about a way to make the black bar disappear and he made it different grades of transparency. Hey, each day the io6 jailbreak gets better as each developer updates and makes changes to their apps to meet the needs of the operating system. Give them some time. If you are unhappy, don't buy it next time. At least Dave gives you a free trial period which isn't the norm.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Ok i keep having an issue where i cannot get the LI/NC to come down (slide down).

I can press the sleep button and then unlock the phone and it will be working again.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Chargerdan

macrumors member
May 24, 2011
Ok i keep having an issue where i cannot get the LI/NC to come down (slide down).

I can press the sleep button and then unlock the phone and it will be working again.

I'm seeing this also. I think it has to do with the update to NCSettings. Seems to be very buggy since the update yesterday.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I'm seeing this also. I think it has to do with the update to NCSettings. Seems to be very buggy since the update yesterday.

I had been seeing the issue since before yesterday, but that is a great idea. I did switch to NC Settings from SBSetting about a week ago, and now that I think about it I do not remember the issue when I was using SBSettings.

I was only using NCSettings because it had the flashlight toggle right there on it and I could not find one for SBSettings.

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
I'm having an issue with emails on the lock screen. I'm on the latest beta (5.1.2-43).

Email will not collapse on the lock screen or NC. When I hit the title bar it just removes the # for the emails or puts it back.

Anyone else having this issue?

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
Anyone noticing that if you read an email in the Mail app, it doesn't get removed from Notification Centre?

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
I'm still having problems with weather..occasionally it shows as blank and the pull to refresh does nothing, it just sits there spinning.

another question though. LI$ had the option to hide the slid to unlock, but the action was still there and worked in any direction also (eg swipe right to left, or left to right would unlock your device). The current option to hide the slider in LI5 does just that, hide it, until you press a button to show it and then have to slide to unlock.

is there anything that can provide the functionality of LI4 to give me back some real estate, but leave me with the actual funciotn without having to press a button?

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati

I had been seeing the issue since before yesterday, but that is a great idea. I did switch to NC Settings from SBSetting about a week ago, and now that I think about it I do not remember the issue when I was using SBSettings.

I was only using NCSettings because it had the flashlight toggle right there on it and I could not find one for SBSettings.

Well it has been 24 hours since I removed NCSettings and it looks like the problem has gone away.

smiffer55

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Maybe this was discussed in the earlier 30+ pages and I missed it. In the old lockinfo my list items in the 2do app would show on the lock screen. I can't figure out how to do this in the new version of lockinfo without assigning due dates to my tasks, which I don't want to do. Any suggestion?

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
I searched some, but did not see, could have missed it, but is there a way to tell lockinfo how often you want the weather app to refresh? I saw it asked early in the thread, but didn't seem to see any answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.