Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

South Carolina-based accessory maker Twelve South has released a new version of its BookBook case, this time for the 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display. The case matches those available for the iPad and iPhone, as well as existing ones for the 11" and 13" MacBook Air models. The 13" MacBook Pro with Retina fits into the existing case designed for the 13" MacBook Air.

twelvesouth_bookbook_15retina_openhero_hires.jpg
Designed exclusively for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina display, BookBook is a totally unique case for the thinnest of MacBooks. Weighing as little as 13.5 ounces with an ultra-thin profile, this handmade, genuine leather case offers heavy duty protection. Two hardback covers, reinforced corners and a cushioned spine offer solid impact protection. The inside of the case is lined with a velvety soft, chocolate brown, padded interior for added protection.
BookBook cases for the 11" and 13" MacBook Air models and the 13" and 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display are available for $80 from Twelve South's website.

Article Link: Twelve South Releases BookBook Case for 15" Retina MacBook Pro

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Since the 15" rMBP vents heavily in the hinge area won't this case restrict the airflow and make it overheat? :confused::eek:

theelysium

Suspended
Nov 18, 2008
This is dumb! It looks cocol, but totally asstetics over design! This will kill your MBP! Overheat alert, overheat alert!! :eek:

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
Since the 15" rMBP vents heavily in the hinge area won't this case restrict the airflow and make it overheat? :confused::eek:

Agreed, what about air intake through the side vents being restricted? This looks like a bad idea running the Macbook whilst in the case.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
I have one for my iPad... Expensive feeling and well-made, however they are a bit weighty and I don't use mine nearly enough.

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
Finally something is made for my baby retina :)
I feel like it is the least supported MacBook out there if you look on the accessories :-// sad but I run it nude of the time anyway

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
As a 13" rMBP owner who purchased this case when I still had a 13" MacBook Air I can tell you that the case does NOT fit perfectly. The 13" rMPB is smaller then the 13" MacBook Air. It's not bad, but it certainly does not keep the screen attached at certain angles with the rubber band.

Tapdawg

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
I'm still upset that they won't update the iPhone 4/4s case with a camera hole...

Born Again

macrumors 68040
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Macrumors what are they paying you to advertise ?

Ill double it so I can free my fellow forum members from these posts

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
I happen to like 12South case designs, and appreciate MR posting new products.

Sure, we don't want MR cluttered with product announcements - but if there's a handful of manufacturers which make unusually popular/interesting products, let's hear about them.

And yes, I'd consider getting a 12South MBA case, if only to use it as a sleeve. Have one for my iPhone 5 and like it (despite some quirky problems).

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Meh looks like a product for someone who wants to sit in Starbucks all day with their fake glasses, pretending to work on the next big novel or screenplay. Not for a real pro user. ;)

Plus it just looks bloody tacky.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Strange - the cool look of the MBP is the aluminium design. Why not buy an accessory that completely obscures it from view...:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.