Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Has any notice faster battery drain after jailbreaking? I am using an iPhone 5 with 6.1.2 on it. Here is a picture of my battery and usage so far today
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361898000.562466.jpg

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
My battery sucks now too. But I'm not sure if it isn't because I can't stop downloading tweaks and/or playing with my phone.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Here are my app

Activator
Applist
Big boss icon set
Dashboard x
Dreamdoard
I blank
Ifile
Intelliscreenx 6
iOS 6 colorfulstatusbar
Livepapers
Ncsettings
Nexus livepapers
No iblank shadows
Now playing on status bar
Open backup
Opennotifier
Respring
Tetherme
Weepreferenceloader
Winterboard

Could any of these being causing it?

nellyplatinum

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Here are my app

Activator
Applist
Big boss icon set
Dashboard x
Dreamdoard
I blank
Ifile
Intelliscreenx 6
iOS 6 colorfulstatusbar
Livepapers
Ncsettings
Nexus livepapers
No iblank shadows
Open backup
Opennotifier
Respring
Tetherme
Weepreferenceloader
Winterboard

this used to suck my battery dry fast

prestigioo

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Battery drain faster on jailbroken iPhone 5

Here are my app

Activator
Applist
Big boss icon set
Dashboard x
Dreamdoard
I blank
Ifile
Intelliscreenx 6
iOS 6 colorfulstatusbar
Livepapers
Ncsettings
Nexus livepapers
No iblank shadows
Open backup
Opennotifier
Respring
Tetherme
Weepreferenceloader
Winterboard

I would say dashboard and inteliscreenx6 and nexus wallpaper
The first two based on my experience with them on ios6 they drain battery faster.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I would say dashboard and inteliscreenx6 and nexus wallpaper
The first two based on my experience with them on ios6 they drain battery faster.

Do you know any other tweaks that would works just as will that drain less battery?

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Winterboard too? I kind of figured the live wallpaper, but really it does not run that much. If the phone is in sleep mode it does not run.

Yeah, winterboard too...
But don't worry, you can install some themes without winterboard (via SSH) and your battery will be fine.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Yeah, winterboard too...
But don't worry, you can install some themes without winterboard (via SSH) and your battery will be fine.

Ok well the only thing I am worried about is the color status bar icons. That was the only place I could fine them. Do you know another cydia tweak for that?

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I have no issues with ISX battery draining, but I also have twitter, FB, and mail disabled. If you have them enabled, they're refreshing at the rates you set, and refreshing uses battery. Default they refresh really often, so you can either disable them or set the refresh timer to a longer time.

My RSS has a refresh of 12 hours, so no noticeable battery issues.

I think just the NC part of ISX shouldn't use that much extra battery

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Ok so today I did not recharge my iphone at all. I made it from 7:30 am to about 9:15pm before it died. The last time I check I was a little over 5 hours usage. I never use wifi always on LTE. The signal is really good wear I work so I see no reason to put wifi on. Should I be using wifi more? Will using wifi without turn off LTE save me any battery?

I am turning off LivePapers to see if that saves any battery. I sure hope it helps only have 5 hours usage kind of sucks.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
wifi always saves battery. a phone on wifi all day will eat less battery than a phone on LTE all day. It's been true for all my phones, from my 3GS, to all my Androids, to my iphone 5.

I've also noticed battery drain, but am still not sure if it is the jailbreak itself or some tweak/app I have. I uninstalled NCSettings and am already seeing improved battery life. It doesn't make much sense to me, but maybe something always has to be running in the background in order for the toggles to be so responsive.

Tomorrow, I am going to uninstall Zephyr to see what that does. The only other tweaks I have are switchy, and tetherme. I don't think it is tetherme as that shouldn't be active until I turn it on. Zephyr seems like it has to run all the time, so that is a possibility.

CSpackler

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
On a plane
wifi always saves battery. a phone on wifi all day will eat less battery than a phone on LTE all day. It's been true for all my phones, from my 3GS, to all my Androids, to my iphone 5.

While that is generally true, with a good LTE signal the battery drain is significantly less than with 3G, or a poor signal. It connects, gets business done, and stops, instead of trying to connect, boosting the signal, repeating, etc....

But yeah, wifi is always best.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
While that is generally true, with a good LTE signal the battery drain is significantly less than with 3G, or a poor signal. It connects, gets business done, and stops, instead of trying to connect, boosting the signal, repeating, etc....

But yeah, wifi is always best.

I should still be getting more than 5 1/2 hours of usage off a charge I would think. Apple claims 8 on LTE. I don't know I guess I need to see what tweaks I can remove and save some battery.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I should still be getting more than 5 1/2 hours of usage off a charge I would think. Apple claims 8 on LTE. I don't know I guess I need to see what tweaks I can remove and save some battery.

I would kill for 5 hours of usage...

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
Really what are you getting?

I go from 100% to ~15% with 4 hours usage and 10-12 standby

Although i just recalibrated yesterday so tomorrow i'll do a test w/o re-springing and see if it went up. It felt longer today but not sure

bmac4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
I go from 100% to ~15% with 4 hours usage and 10-12 standby

Although i just recalibrated yesterday so tomorrow i'll do a test w/o re-springing and see if it went up. It felt longer today but not sure

Wow. Yea I am really just trying to figure out which tweak is killing the battery. I hope it was NCsettings. I really don't use them so it would be nice if that helped. Some people on here said winterboard could be the cause, but I really don't want to lose that.

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
If you can get by without the eye candy (especially live wallpapers), chances are you'll get better battery life. I only have the following installed on my iPhone 6 running 6.1.2, and my battery has no real impact over the stock non-jailbroken state:

AdBlocker
AdBlockerNetworks
CleverPin
DietBulletin
Dimmer
FullForce
iFile
MapsOpener
MuteIcon
MxTube
NCRam
NCSettings
Nitrous
Not-So-Smart
NowNow
PandoraSkips
PasswordPilot Pro
ProTube 2
RespringCacheFix
SpringFlash
Springtomize 2
SwipeShiftCaret
SwitcherCleaner
UnrestrictPremium
VolumeStep
WiFi Analyzer
xCon
YFiSelect 5.0+

Last edited:

Brandon0448

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
My first time jailbreakin my 5 I managed to install some tweak that was draining 10% battery a hour in stand by. I did a clean install and now my battery life is normal. Don't know what it was considering I have mostly the same tweaks minus a few that I didn't really need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.