Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which phone has superior capabilities?

• iphone has more abilities thanks to the apple ecosystem

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • iphone has more abilities without the need of the ecosystem

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • s3 has more abilities

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • s3 has more abilities but no one uses them (ex. NFC)

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Hilarity, first I'm told that even though iTunes has more music I'll still be able to find what I want on Google Music. When I do a test comparison I find this is not the case at all.

Excuses then follow about how they are a bunch of tracks noone has heard of? Well I'm not sure what cave some of you have been hiding in, but EDM music is popular all over the world and it's just getting bigger every year.

It's funny how a 15 million song difference seems to be no big deal, but a feature like swipe to take a screen capture is.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Response in red
- Easily share any files/contents via any registered share providers (BT, Wifi, cloud storages, social networks, usb etc). You can add new share streams easily (by installing apps). No need to wait for OS upgrade like Iphone.
I can easily share files/content with the share button email/facebook/text/twitter/etc
You should take out the "etc" because that's how limited the sharing capability in IOS is.
Actually no, I didn't include Photostream, Print, Read Later, (Google+, LinkedIn, Tumblr)-these three may depend on the app

- Ability to download/save any files from any sources (browser, apps etc) into the phone storage. No need to use dropbox like iphone wasting cellular data and battery life or slow response.
I can save photos from browsers, i can also save webpages to read later on any of my idevices
Just photos?. It so limited compared to Android.
Nope, I can save documents also via itunes file sharing, web server, e-mail attachment, bump, cloud storage

- Files copied to phone storage are accessible by any built-in/3rd party apps. (on iphone for example, you need to reload itunes media files in the phone to dropbox if you want to use 3rd party media players instead of stock iphone player)
I've used other media players but think the built in player is great, I personally don't like using multiple players/browsers/etc I'd much rather have one that does things right for the most part
Iphone built-in players are limited. Want to play video with (soft) captions/subtitles or want a music player with better equalizer/sound mode or use 3rd party video/music editor? You are out of luck==>you have to reload your files in dropbox. This is real stupid. Why should files that belong to me be locked down? Why the stupidity of having gigabytes of internal phone storage lying idle while forcing you to use cloud storages wasting cellular data and battery and put up with slow response. That's how ridiculou IOS is.
Hate subtitles, video player plays my videos just great, i've also never had an issue going over my data limit and my phone has always lasted at least a full day
-Ability to attach multiple files of any types to email (incl. re-edit re-attach). Ability to edit/view any attachments as long as there is a installed app that handles the file type.
This feature isn't anything i've needed to use yet, or plan to at this point
You never have the need that someone send you a file so you can update it? If that is the case, then it really tells that iphone users are only doing rudimentary stuff with their phone.
No, it's just tells that I myself don't like using my phone to edit files, especially since files I normally work with are RAW files in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, not that I would want to, but can the S3 edit RAW files?
- Multi-clipboard (last 50 clippings + predefined text) to easily enter/paste text anywhere.
Another feature I have never needed
If you have it you will find it very useful...some people thought paper and a pen is enough to write novel.
I honestly have only ever needed to copy past the last thing, but is this a feature I might like...absolutely - notice how I concede on some points I agree with (can't say the same about a lot of these android fans posting)
- Easily set custom ringtone. Just copy rintone files to phone via any available means (bt, wifi, cloud etc). It will show up in ringtone selection. No need to go thru tedious steps (like in iOS)
I make all kinds of ringtones, and it isn't tedious at all
Not tedious? You want to enlightened us how you do that on Iphone?
I have an app, I choose the song I want and then select a clip I want (not some crappy canned ringtone bought online). Then just plug into itunes and sync, how tedious is that?

- If there is a "meeting" entry in calendar, phone auto change to vibrate mode and only allows "family" and "work" contact group calls during the meeting period. (No need to remember to flip the silent switch on/off like in Iphone).
Great feature, although flipping the switch seems much easier to do, but if that feature worked flawlessly without much setup, sounds great
I have been using smartphone since Symbian days and I never have to remember to flip to silent and then flip it back to normal after the event. Iphone is a such a regression towards a dumbphone...but wait, if I remember correctly a Motorola dumbphone from yesteryear could do this auto-switching. :lol:
So for this to work you have to manually enter this event into your calender right? So in actuality it is taking you much longer to enter this information as opposed to just flipping a switch?, also what if it is an event you don't need to turn the ringer off, now you have to remember to turn it back on, i'd much rather have the option to simply flip a switch that takes nanoseconds instead of relying on events i have to enter or even if they are auto entered
- Direct dial/sms with picture icon on desktop or in folder for quick one touch operation. Plus ability to create shortcuts to any files/contents for quick one-touch access.
I just say "call my wife" or something of that nature to make calls, works great
Still takes too many steps and much hassles (and sometimes not appropriate) for something you frequently do everyday
Saying "call my wife" is too many steps?????
- Auto send pre-defined sms/email to contacts birthday / anniversary. Auto backup data. Auto check-in to social networks based on location. Auto background upload of photos to ANY social networks (without needing to open the apps manually).
Birthday - nice feature, but I normally like to send an actual message to my loved ones/friends on those days and not a canned message. Facebook autoloads my photos to FB without me having to do a thing
But you have to start Facebook app to do this. In S3, you take a picture with camera and the phone will upload it to FB/Google+/etc without needing to do any extra steps (like opening the app).
Negative sir, I do NOT have to open facebook
- Location-based (cell tower/gps) automation. e.g. when picking up someone auto-send a reminder sms when you are near predefined pickup point. Or turn on/off phone settings (BT, wifi, sound etc) when you enter/exit a certain predefined location.
This is a nice feature, but I would think the time needed to setup the auto text would be slower than me just asking siri to send a text when I get to my location, as for the settings, that would be nice, but yet another feature I rarely use
You dont even need to touch the phone. When your car is near the location, it sends the sms automatically. There are many other situations you can use this. Too bad you don't have a chance to do this on Iphone
So, you arrive at a friends house to pick them up, and your phone knows that you are there to pick up a friend and it's going to text them this? I don't see how that is possible, what if you are just driving past your friends house? Something has to be setup here, much easier to just ask siri to send a text

- Ability to use "live" wallpaper to beautify your home scree OR ability to auto-change static wallpaper periodically. Plus use transparent icons without labels on desktop screen. Also use gestures for tasks/app launching (e.g. tap or swipe-up for different operations)
I would not want a "live" wallpaper as I do prefer minimalism, but autochanging wallpaper would be great, and also having icons with no labels, the last part with gestures I don't think i'd use as i'd then have to remember a gesture for different apps
I use gesture to drop down the notification panel instead of stretching my thumb to the top

- Turn the phone over to switch to vibrate mode (or have ring silenced during incoming call). Tilt phone to zoom when in gallery/browser. Plus shake to unlock phone and many others.
The switch is pretty darn easy to use for vibrate mode, tilting the phone to zoom seems counterintuitive to me, shake to unlock takes just as long as a swipe
S3/android gives you choices to fit your need instead of you fitting to the phone need. That's how it should be for a top-notch smartOS
I agree, that would be nice to have the option, but then again I really don't want my phone overloaded with options that it becomes cumbersome to use trying to find options to change any little thing

- True multi-tasking allows for concurrently running "stacked" applications. Use the hard "Back" button to easily navigate back from stacked application windows. (no need to fumble about and wasting time to restart previous app like in Iphone)
Not needed for my uses, and I don't want to have to carry around a larger phone to have to do it(which I still believe is a subpar experience
After reading so many possibilities that IOS can never do, it is more correct to say iphone is sub-par
I'd have to disagree, noone has yet challenged the abilities I posted earlier, they only seem to be finding little tidbits they PERSONALLY find nicer on android

----------

- Soft keyboard with multi-words prediction and easy punctuations (i.e. less typing). Include swype keyboard and T9 keyboard. Also IN-PHONE voice to text module without needing to connect to Internet (jelly bean).
Dictation works great, and i've never been in a situation where I wasn't connected, when using this ability
Iphone dictation is tortoise slow compared to Google voice recognition
Well, I guess if waiting a couple seconds after I speak a full 3 sentences or slow is "tortoise slow" ;)

- Able to use voice commands to change phone settings + do navigation + etc (which are not available in iPhone)
I can use voice commands for navigation, ex: "Siri take me home"
Very limited. You can do much more on the S3 (like taking picture, switching settings etc)
S3 gets the win here

- Easily connect portable devices (hard disk, usb-hub, keyboards, game controllers, Bluetooth devices) to phone and use them with the USBToGo/usb-host capability.
Never needed this, especially for phone use
I just connect my portable disk to phone and copy my (big) videos/files in/out of phone. Simple and fast compared to Iphone. Coming from android I can't understand how iphone users can put up with the hassles to get stuff in and out of phone.
I think because we don't need to move big movie video files, there just available to us via itunes, also with hulu/netflix, etc there really isn't as much of a need anymore for wasting space with large video files

- Ability to create unrestricted phone-to-other-devices wireless connection via Wi-Fi Direct and BT.
My bump app has worked just fine for any phone to other device transfers
bump is so restrictive that it is just not useful
How so, I can send files to any device, it hasn't been restrictive for me

- Listen to (airwaves) FM Radio.
I hate radio lol
I dont use it much either but to some it is must-have
I'd much rather save whatever space I can in my phone for this situation, although, if it had FM transmitter capabilites that's another thing although still not a deal breaker for me

- Much more functional camera/video taking app (panorama, multi-shot, best shot, share shot, buddy shot, smile shot, take photo/video in various resolutions, iso selection etc)
I would have to disagree here, as I am a photographer, I think the iphone has a great camera, and have other photo apps for various applications and we normally get these apps before android users
I am not debating about photo quality here but have you really try S3 camera app? You have nearly all the options that you get in digital/SLR camera. Iphone camera app functionality in comparison is a disgrace
Nearly all the options of a digital slr camera? You can't be serious? You have obviously not used a DSLR beyond it's auto settings? iphoneography is huge, the camera app is in no way a disgrace

- Output phone display to external monitor/TV using cheap and non-proprietary HDMI-out cable. Add a Bluetooth mouse and you can replicate what you can do with Airplay/Apple TV (at much cheaper price and certainly more portable)
I would much rather use airplay, it is so dead simple, I love showing videos/pics on my HD TV during a birthday party etc towards the end of the party, family/friends love this
- Use DLNA to stream media to any DLNA-enabled devices without needing expensive add-on equipments (like apple tv).
All my movies are in itunes which makes for a seamless experience via apple tv and easy syncing to my apple devices
For a fixed setup airplay is good. But if you just want to show video/pic then DLNA is also the way without needing the apple tv-box. But for adhoc situations, it is just more convenient to take the hdmi cable than carry the tv-box around. With S3 connected to tv via hdmi cable and Bluetooth mouse/kb connected to S3 you use the TV like a big screen (unlike airplay where still need to touch iphone/ipad to perform operations).
But you still have to have a DLNA device...I agree having an hdmi cable is a nice backup plan though, you can also use iphone ipad with a keyboard

- Able to load into phone and play any media files (avi, mkv, divx) directly without tedious conversion. (i.e. transfer files into phone via bt,wifi,cloud etc and play). Unlike Iphone/iOS where you can only load media from one master itunes PC and also wasting time waiting for Itunes to convert these videos.
All my flicks are in itunes, no need to convert
I have tonnes of mkv/xvid/avi videos that I can't possibly fit in Itunes. With S3 you have the flexibility to manage your stuff outside of Itunes. Itunes/ios is a shackle.
We just have differences of opinion here, I love having files of the same extension, and not having to drag drop, and organize manually

- Able to expand phone storage to max 96 Gb. Potential can have unlimited in-phone storage by attaching a portable drive using the USBToGo capability.
With 64GB on my phone and 5GBicloud and itunes match, i still have a ton of storage to spare, glad I don't need to buy memory cards which also have slower transfer speeds than built in storage
Don't forget you can't freely use the space in your iphone and cloud is limited and slow
That's the best part, my internal storage has been more than enough, i use icloud for my backups, and itunes match is not slow at all

- Better productivity with much faster scrolling capability than iphone. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1GDLunomY
With ios leading in the enterprise I would doubt this claim, "faster scrolling", i've never had issues scrolling
Not a big issue. BUt it just...SLOW.
Slow? I'm not sure where your finding your info especially since the iphone beats the S3 in speed tests

Why iphone outperforms android even with a "Slower" processor - 10/11/2011
http://venturebeat.com/2011/10/11/i...-ipad-2-still-faster-than-all-android-phones/

iPhone 5 Speed Test Results Shockingly Blows Galaxy S3 Away - 9/17/2012
http://areacellphone.com/2012/09/iphone-5-speed-test-results-shockingly-blows-galaxy-s3-away/

- Able to set a reading font size in browser. When zoomed in, text always appear at this specified font size. Text is also reflow to fit the screen for easy reading without side-scrolling.
I have never needed this
Safari is just a pain to use without text reflow - lots of side scrolling. When you fit column to view, sometimes text is so small that you can't see. Couple this with the very small screen of Iphone it is just not as good as S3 in usability.
I'll have to admit here that I rarely use safari to read articles as I normally use Pulse, and Flipboard both of which were apps that came to ios first
- Legacy Flash plugin support to view flash sites (incl. browser embedded you-tube)
I hope flash would just go away, along with java
It won't
Slowly happeneing

- Able to press the home-button to answer call or power button to end call. Plus set speed dial numbers on the Phone dialpad. And predictive contact search via dialpad.
I think this could be good and bad, lots of accidental pickups
Not an issue with S3 home button
I'll stick with the iphone here, because I can definitely see the possibility of accidental pickups with an S3, not that this is a huge issue though, i'm sure it doesn't happen often

- Multiple accounts per phone. Selectively sync from them. e.g. Add multiple google accounts to phone and you can selectively choose what ("contact", "calendar", "application" etc) to sync from the different accounts to phone.
I have no need for this
Then you dont know what you are missing. I only want to load "calendar" from my brother a/c or "apps" from my sister account. No problem with Android. With IOS, this is just NOT possible.
This seems to be more of a pain, because now you have to remember whose got what on what calender and whose go the app you want to use, No Thanks
- Much larger physical screen.
That is what my ipad is for I like many would much rather have a smaller phone with the ability to use with one hand, which i do a lot
I use my S3 one handed more easily than the Iphone5. In Iphone one of most tapped soft "back" is located at the top-left which you have to stretch your thumb to reach. On S3, it is always within my resting thumb position. With gesture, I dont even need to reach the top to pull down the notification panel but you won't have this option with Iphone.
I just refuse to carry a huge phone, I freely admit, having a larger screen is nice, but not at the cost of one handed operation and easily fitting in my pockets. Aesthetically (as an artist) I think the S3 dedicated buttons are unsightly. This of course is personal opinion, and why I feel the iphone5 is much sexier looking

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
There is a reason why the Billboard Hot 100 uses iTunes primarily for their calculation in chart positioning...

Are you able to provide a link to that claim?

Here's what I read from Billboard;
Billboard publishes a host of charts that are individually or collectively based on key fan interactions with music, including album sales and downloads, track downloads, radio airplay and touring as well as streaming and social interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Vevo, Youtube, Spotify and other popular online destinations for music. These measurements are tracked year-round by Billboard and its data partners, including Nielsen BDS, Nielsen SoundScan and Next Big Sound. In order for artists and title to chart in Billboard, they must be among the higher ranked performers among the specific metric used to compile the chart. Specific methodologies can be found on each chart page on billboard.com and on the Chart Legend reference page on billboard.biz.

This is from the methodology from Billboard Hot 100 page. (The one you quoted)

The week's most popular current songs acros
s all genres, ranked by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data as compiled by Nielsen SoundScan and streaming activity data from online music sources tracked by Nielsen BDS. Songs are defined as current if they are newly-released titles, or songs receiving widespread airplay and/or sales activity for the first time.

Of course you will be able to provide better info specifically naming iTunes as it's primary source, I'm interested, link please.

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
It's funny how a 15 million song difference seems to be no big deal, but a feature like swipe to take a screen capture is.

Where are you getting your numbers from? :confused:

Anyways with Google Music you get access to 20,000 of your songs that you uploaded and/or purchased, all for FREE. And with access from any browser, platform, desktop or device located anywhere with no limit of devices. You have to pay for that with Apple, and need an iDevice or iTunes to access with a limit of devices.

320 kbps on Google vs iTunes 256 kbps. I personally can't tell any differ, just wanted to throw out bigger numbers like your doing. ;)

Google desktop music player which is less than 50mb vs iTunes bloat w/ mandatory Quicktime install and bloated updater. I don't mind iTunes so much on my Mac, but on my Windows machines I don't install it.

sc4rf4c3

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
- Better productivity with much faster scrolling capability than iphone. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1GDLunomY
With ios leading in the enterprise I would doubt this claim, "faster scrolling", i've never had issues scrolling
Not a big issue. BUt it just...SLOW.
Slow? I'm not sure where your finding your info especially since the iphone beats the S3 in speed tests

Why iphone outperforms android even with a "Slower" processor - 10/11/2011
http://venturebeat.com/2011/10/11/i...-ipad-2-still-faster-than-all-android-phones/

iPhone 5 Speed Test Results Shockingly Blows Galaxy S3 Away - 9/17/2012
http://areacellphone.com/2012/09/iphone-5-speed-test-results-shockingly-blows-galaxy-s3-away/

Check this thread
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1485233/

I thought benchmark don't mean nothing in real life use. Any how here's a benchmark of my S3 at stock 1.5ghz. I won't even post the overclock benchmark at 2.1ghz.

attachment.php

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Where are you getting your numbers from? :confused:

Anyways with Google Music you get access to 20,000 of your songs that you uploaded and/or purchased, all for FREE. And with access from any browser, platform, desktop or device located anywhere with no limit of devices. You have to pay for that with Apple, and need an iDevice or iTunes to access with a limit of devices.

320 kbps on Google vs iTunes 256 kbps. I personally can't tell any differ, just wanted to throw out bigger numbers like your doing. ;)

Google desktop music player which is less than 50mb vs iTunes bloat w/ mandatory Quicktime install and bloated updater. I don't mind iTunes so much on my Mac, but on my Windows machines I don't install it.

All for FREE....Because I already paid for them right? I have access to ALL my music on my iphone, my wife's iphone, my ipod, macbook, imac, and ipad

You are correct, you actually most likely would not be able to tell the difference between 320kbps and 256kbps, but you WILL be able to tell the difference between 15 millions songs.

I personally love itunes, speaking of bloatware, i'd rather have quicktime than the large number of bloatware installed on other machines and even phones.

Don't be confused....here is an article from this past november showing the amount of tracks.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/48422/best-music-service-streaming-downloads

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2013
Who pays for music on android lol

there are free apps to get any song you want for free,

at least the movies in android playstore are not castrated in resolution to fit the iphone aspect ratio and stay in there true 720p and 1080p form

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Who pays for music on android lol

A lot of people on iOS neither do but.....I wouldn't call it a great thing to do IF you are getting copyrighted music for free off bootleg sites (notice the IF).

Google definitely isn't giving the impression that they like people abusing copyrights, hence their efforts to battle piracy and making deals with record labels etc for google music....

Who pays for music? Who pays for apps? Who pays for books? Well if users don't, the developer has already paid so the next time he will simply wrap up shop and not care. Do we really want that?

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Here is an interesting chart ...............

That chart can state all the different ways it thinks google music is better....but no matter what it still boils down to this:

Google Music has LESS of a music selection than iTunes.

So Google can play music on everything, and has higher quality and sells 4 android devices for every 1 iphone, blah blah blah.....but it's only providing HALF the music....

I can't play a higher quality song on multiple devices if they don't even have the song :)

iTunes = 28 million songs
Google = 15 million songs

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 50

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
A lot of people on iOS neither do but.....I wouldn't call it a great thing to do IF you are getting copyrighted music for free off bootleg sites (notice the IF).

Google definitely isn't giving the impression that they like people abusing copyrights, hence their efforts to battle piracy and making deals with record labels etc for google music....

Who pays for music? Who pays for apps? Who pays for books? Well if users don't, the developer has already paid so the next time he will simply wrap up shop and not care. Do we really want that?

Another great point :)

Exactly why ios has higher quality apps, developers make more money on ios. It's proven ios users are willing to pay for high quality apps, whereas most android users want everything free.

I know that's a blanket statement, but I've read many articles stating the above and don't know of any stating the opposite....

Why developers still aren't smitten with Android - 3/21/2012
http://news.yahoo.com/android-app-apathy-why-developers-still-arent-smitten-191807568.html

Why iOS apps look better than android apps - 4/8/2012
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/04/easier-design-apps-ios/

Developer Explains Why Android Sucks for Some Audio Apps - 5/24/2012
http://gizmodo.com/5913066/developer-explains-why-android-sucks-for-some-audio-apps

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I have both iTunes and Google music, must admit, I cant see what the fuss is, Google music is free, download the Music manager from Google, point it at your iTunes library and let it get on with it, its free and all your iTunes library is either uploaded or matched in better quality. Did I mention, it's free, doesn't have a yearly subscription. If then you buy something from iTunes it is automatically uploaded/matched to Google music.

Here's something, having Google music doesn't stop one using/buying from iTunes, savvy purchasers would do well to shop around, sometimes it is a lot cheaper to buy an album from Google even though it is downloaded at a better quality.

Case in point;

Dillon Francis - Something, something awesome (single) iTunes £2.37 ($3.61)
Dillon Francis - Something, something awesome (single) Google play £1.77 ($2.69)
Dillon Francis - Bossa Rocka (EP) iTunes £4. 74 ($7.21) Google music £3.49 ($5.31)

Last edited:

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I have both iTunes and Google music, must admit, I cant see what the fuss is, Google music is free, download the Music manager from Google, point it at your iTunes library and let it get on with it, its free and all your iTunes library is either uploaded or matched in better quality. Did I mention, it's free, doesn't have a yearly subscription. If then you buy something from iTunes it is automatically uploaded/matched to Google music.

Here's something, having Google music doesn't stop one using/buying from iTunes, savvy purchasers would do well to shop around, sometimes it is a lot cheaper to buy an album from Google even though it is downloaded at a better quality.
You would think the way the OP is going off that it was a one-or-the-other situation. Of course it is not and choice is always good.

Michael

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
So now instead of finding a large portion of my music in one easy to find place I have to use multiple services?

What I'm finding is it's okay to have workarounds for android but not ios?

----------

You would think the way the OP is going off that it was a one-or-the-other situation. Of course it is not and choice is always good.

Michael

I'm merely responding to the fact that I was told I could find everything on google music, when I tested for myself and proved that wrong, i'm now getting responses that I can use other services and choice is good?

It seems every time I check on something you guys tell me, when I check for myself the facts don't add up and when I post those facts I am called biased, a troll, etc.

I have conceded on some points posted, yet none of you can even admit google music has less choices available and just make excuses for it.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I'm merely responding to the fact that I was told I could find everything on google music, when I tested for myself and proved that wrong, i'm now getting responses that I can use other services and choice is good?
Yes, choice is good. Why do you think it is not?

I have always shopped around for music, as well as other things I might buy in life. Why are you making buying music, of all things, such a "if I can't get that one track it's doomed" situation?

For the record I have never bought a single track from google music yet. I usually use Amazon MP3. Never iTunes--at least not the last couple of years. I would get it from Amazon that immediately add it to my iTunes library. Now of course it is updated to my google music as well. Win win.

Michael

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007

($2.69)
That's what I do, moving purchased music from the playstore to iTunes requires more steps but is easy. Though since I sold my G3 I don't use Google music much, only on my Nexus 7.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Yes, choice is good. Why do you think it is not?

I have always shopped around for music, as well as other things I might buy in life. Why are you making buying music, of all things, such a "if I can't get that one track it's doomed" situation?

For the record I have never bought a single track from google music yet. I usually use Amazon MP3. Never iTunes--at least not the last couple of years. I would get it from Amazon that immediately add it to my iTunes library. Now of course it is updated to my google music as well. Win win.

Michael

Choice is good, but if I can find everything in iTunes and not have to look elsewhere that seems to be a better solution to me rather than using google music PLUS other services just to find songs I want.

So with iTunes I can find most of the music I want and ALSO use other services if there is something I need to find.

The difference here is I don't have to go through the hassle of using other services in most situations with itunes.

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007

It seems every time I check on something you guys tell me, when I check for myself the facts don't add up and when I post those facts I am called biased, a troll, etc.

I have conceded on some points posted, yet none of you can even admit google music has less choices available and just make excuses for it.

I'm a IOS user and feel your focus on music is becoming boorish. Your point made, carry on, which has nothing to do with thread title.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
That chart can state all the different ways it thinks google music is better....but no matter what it still boils down to this:

Google Music has LESS of a music selection than iTunes.

So Google can play music on everything, and has higher quality and sells 4 android devices for every 1 iphone, blah blah blah.....but it's only providing HALF the music....

I can't play a higher quality song on multiple devices if they don't even have the song :)

iTunes = 28 million songs
Google = 15 million songs

Yes Google music is so flawed. I'm so angry that I can't purchase all 28 million songs that iTunes has in Google music. :rolleyes:

By the way, since you seem to think it's so important. Can you make a 10 million track list of missing Google tracks? ;)

Oh wait ...... I can purchase from any store(including iTunes) upload it to Google and access it from anywhere using anything with a browser for FREE.

There goes your blah, blah, blah.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL

I'm a IOS user and feel your focus on music is becoming boorish. Your point made, carry on, which has nothing to do with thread title.

My focus? You apparently haven't seen the posts from the google music apologists?
(Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm merely responding to other comments)

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Yes Google music is so flawed. I'm so angry that I can't purchase all 28 million songs that iTunes has in Google music. :rolleyes:

By the way, since you seem to think it's so important. Can you make a 10 million track list of missing Google tracks? ;)

Oh wait ...... I can purchase from any store(including iTunes) upload it to Google and access it from anywhere using anything with a browser for FREE.

I've already given you examples of music not found on Google.

Congratulations on saving yourself 24 bucks a YEAR or about 2 bucks a month for half the selection.

I'm sure google music has all the boyband pop songs you'll ever need :)

----------

:confused:
If you paid for the tracks in iTunes you really aren't accessing it from anywhere for FREE are you?
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.