Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:26 AM   #1
sueq102
macrumors newbie

Application that can't be exited?

I'm trying to figure out a way to program an application that can't be exited out of without a password. I've created a really simple educational program for my kids, but don't want them to be able to leave the application and play other games on the iPad without my permission. Anyone know how to do this? My game was developed using Javascript/HTML5
sueq102 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2
xArtx
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueq102 View Post
I'm trying to figure out a way to program an application that can't be exited out of without a password. I've created a really simple educational program for my kids, but don't want them to be able to leave the application and play other games on the iPad without my permission. Anyone know how to do this? My game was developed using Javascript/HTML5
I doubt you can do that within your program,
but with iOS 6 you should be able to set permission so the kids can only use that program on the iPad with their pin number.
xArtx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:46 AM   #3
robbieduncan

Use Guided Access in iOS6 to prevent the closing of the app.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming