Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:02 AM   #1
VirtualRain
macrumors 603

Small leather case to carry rMBP accesories?

I'm in search of an attractive small case to carry all my essential MBP accessories when I travel... Such as the power adapter, my world Plugbug, Magic Mouse, Ethernet dongle and VGA dongle.

Ideally I'd like something in black leather about the size of a paperback book or a tad larger (maybe something designed for a 7" tablet)?

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:58 AM   #2
swerve147
macrumors 6502a

Absolutely not what you're looking for, but I'm going to post this anyway because I've found it keeps my messenger bag extremely tidy. It also prevents your accessories from moving and rattling around. I definitely identify with having a ton of adapters/cables/accessories to carry around, though.

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/grid.php
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:10 AM   #3
VirtualRain
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerve147 View Post
Absolutely not what you're looking for, but I'm going to post this anyway because I've found it keeps my messenger bag extremely tidy. It also prevents your accessories from moving and rattling around. I definitely identify with having a ton of adapters/cables/accessories to carry around, though.

http://www.cocooninnovations.com/grid.php
That's a great design for securing odd items... But they forgot to make it a case
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:45 AM   #4
swerve147
macrumors 6502a

Hehe yeah, it doesn't work if you don't have a bag to begin with. Oh well...

I took a cursory glance over at etsy.com and didn't really see anything specific for computer accessory bags, but I'm sure there's a nice vintage piece in there somewhere.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Schranke
macrumors regular

They do make it a case, but only for tablets and the MBA
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:29 PM   #6
VirtualRain
macrumors 603

So far these appear to be the best choices that I can find, although neither are leather or very attractive.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-U...ref=pd_sbs_e_1

http://www.skoobadesign.com/shop-by-...le-stable-mini

If anyone has seen anything like these that look nicer, please share.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:43 PM   #7
GFWD
macrumors newbie

You might want to check out http://www.sfbags.com/ and see if they have something that suits your needs.
GFWD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Just buy a leather bag you like, for that kind of stuff it doesn't really matter.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:17 PM   #9
kensic
macrumors 6502

may i ask why does it matter if its a attractive or not?

just buy any leather bag (purpose for leather, lasts long, easy to clean) and throw your junk in there. no one is going to notices or gives u an award for having "an attractive bag".

cmon man functionality over appearance. especially a bag...who cares.
kensic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:36 PM   #10
VirtualRain
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensic View Post
may i ask why does it matter if its a attractive or not?

just buy any leather bag (purpose for leather, lasts long, easy to clean) and throw your junk in there. no one is going to notices or gives u an award for having "an attractive bag".

cmon man functionality over appearance. especially a bag...who cares.
Yeah, you're right, I should just get a plastic grocery bag for my charger and stuff... and one for my MacBook Pro while I'm at it (although I might need to double-bag it for extra protection!).
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:46 PM   #11
kensic
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualRain View Post
Yeah, you're right, I should just get a plastic grocery bag for my charger and stuff... and one for my MacBook Pro while I'm at it (although I might need to double-bag it for extra protection!).
sorry, you're way off base. i didn't "bag" on "why should you use a leather bag vs other type"

i bagged on the fact that you would only buy an 'ATTRACTIVE" leather bag.

that's what "LOL" me the most.
kensic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:09 PM   #12
GFWD
macrumors newbie

I am with VirtualRain on this one. If I am in a meeting or at an event where I am trying to get clients for my business I want to set the right impression when I pull my laptop out, and the clothing and equipment that matches the environment can be important.
GFWD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:44 PM   #13
VirtualRain
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFWD View Post
I am with VirtualRain on this one. If I am in a meeting or at an event where I am trying to get clients for my business I want to set the right impression when I pull my laptop out, and the clothing and equipment that matches the environment can be important.
Thanks... agreed... but at this point, I'd take an ugly looking leather case It seems they simply don't exist. All the ones I can find are nylon fabric. Ideally I'd get the guy at Picaso Lab to make me a custom one to match my rMBP cover I have on order, but sadly, he's not doing custom jobs at the moment.

If anyone has seen anything remotely in the ball-park, please share. Otherwise feel free to debate the merits of having nice stuff.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro