Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

View Poll Results: Which phone has superior capabilities?
iphone has more abilities thanks to the apple ecosystem 45 39.82%
iphone has more abilities without the need of the ecosystem 13 11.50%
s3 has more abilities 43 38.05%
s3 has more abilities but no one uses them (ex. NFC) 12 10.62%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:16 PM   #176
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
I've already given you examples of music not found on Google.

Congratulations on saving yourself 24 bucks a YEAR or about 2 bucks a month for half the selection.

I'm sure google music has all the boyband pop songs you'll ever need
Oh no ..... But your so concern about the 10 million track different. Own up and lets see the 10 million track list.


Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
If you paid for the tracks in iTunes you really aren't accessing it from anywhere for FREE are you?
You might want to rethink what you just said.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:17 PM   #177
daveathall
macrumors 68000
 
daveathall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectime View Post
That's what I do, moving purchased music from the playstore to iTunes requires more steps but is easy. Though since I sold my G3 I don't use Google music much, only on my Nexus 7.
I have an ipad mini and found a couple of good apps that allow ones Google library to be accessed, it works really well.
daveathall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:18 PM   #178
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
Oh no ..... But your so concern about the 10 million track different. Own up and lets see the 10 million track list.
Why do I need to show you 10 million when i've already shown you hundreds?

BTW, it's actually more than 10 million :P

I've already proven to you already, and yet you want more....you're a funny guy
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:22 PM   #179
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
Why do I need to show you 10 million when i've already shown you hundreds?

BTW, it's actually more than 10 million :P

I've already proven to you already, and yet you want more....you're a funny guy
And I showed you one. I guess that makes iTunes flawed as well huh?

You haven't proven anything besides that fact the Google doesn't have every single track from the random artists you posted.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:24 PM   #180
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
Oh no ..... But your so concern about the 10 million track different. Own up and lets see the 10 million track list.




You might want to rethink what you just said.
Why is that? You are telling me you do in fact purchase songs from itunes. Purchase means you paid money for them.

Then you say you can listen to them anywhere for FREE, well if you purchased the song already, that means you actually paid for it and it wasn't free.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
And I showed you one. I guess that makes iTunes flawed as well huh?

You haven't proven anything besides that fact the Google doesn't have every single track from the random artists you posted.
You showed me 1 song compared to the hundreds I showed?

That's your argument? Seriously?
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:25 PM   #181
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
Why is that? You are telling me you do in fact purchase songs from itunes. Purchase means you paid money for them.

Then you say you can listen to them anywhere for FREE, well if you purchased the song already, that means you actually paid for it and it wasn't free.
I don't have to store my music collection and access it anywhere. Reguardless of any original purchase.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:28 PM   #182
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
You haven't proven anything besides that fact the Google doesn't have every single track from the random artists you posted.
If you had been following along, I was told I could find anything I wanted on Google music, so I checked and it wasn't true.

That was the whole argument, so that "only thing" that I proved was actually the whole reason this music debate started.

Now it has branched off....and excuses are being made just because you haven't heard of the "random" artists that myself and millions of others listen to? Lol
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:29 PM   #183
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post

You showed me 1 song compared to the hundreds I showed?

That's your argument? Seriously?
Actually yes. I can find more than iTunes doesn't hold, but what's the point. Your just going to spit out the 10 million track difference.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:22 PM   #184
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
Actually yes. I can find more than iTunes doesn't hold, but what's the point. Your just going to spit out the 10 million track difference.
Wow.....so can we move on from this now?
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:37 PM   #185
Dave.UK
macrumors 65816
 
Dave.UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent, UK
So let me get this right. You would rather pay an itunes subscription AND buy all your music from itunes, regardless of whether its cheaper elsewhere? No wonder Apples onto a winner with people like you around!!

And thats probably why Apple has kept ios as it is. You give some ios users "choice" and they don't know what to do with it.
Dave.UK is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:56 PM   #186
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.UK View Post
So let me get this right. You would rather pay an itunes subscription AND buy all your music from itunes, regardless of whether its cheaper elsewhere? No wonder Apples onto a winner with people like you around!!

And thats probably why Apple has kept ios as it is. You give some ios users "choice" and they don't know what to do with it.
Wow, you just can't let it go can you? You lost your argument and now you change to another one?

It truly amazes me how some of you pull out nuggets of information without regard to the full context.

Let me put it this way.

You challenged me by stating I could find all the music I wanted on Google music.

I proved to you that I couldn't.

Now you have changed the argument to paying for services.

If you are going to choose an item to argue about, stay with it....
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:02 PM   #187
Dave.UK
macrumors 65816
 
Dave.UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
Wow, you just can't let it go can you? You lost your argument and now you change to another one?

It truly amazes me how some of you pull out nuggets of information without regard to the full context.

Let me put it this way.

You challenged me by stating I could find all the music I wanted on Google music.

I proved to you that I couldn't.

Now you have changed the argument to paying for services.

If you are going to choose an item to argue about, stay with it....
I think you'll find I said


Quote:
Now your saying Google Music has 15million less tracks then itunes, but look at how much longer itunes has been around. Anyway, im pretty sure all the music you want is available on Google Music - As daveathall said, your just nit picking now.
Notice I didn't use the words guarantee or promise like your suggesting! Your like a little child thats had too many sweets, rushing from argument to argument! Calm down and chill out!

In the words of Dragons Den - I'm out!
Dave.UK is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:04 PM   #188
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.UK View Post
I think you'll find I said
Notice I didn't use the words guarantee or promise like your suggesting! Your like a little child thats had too many sweets, rushing from argument to argument! Calm down and chill out!

In the words of Dragons Den - I'm out!
Lol, whose nitpicking now? "I didn't use the words guarantee or promise"

It seems some of you are unable to handle a little debating.

COMEDY!
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:07 PM   #189
Dave.UK
macrumors 65816
 
Dave.UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
Lol, whose nitpicking now? "I didn't use the words guarantee or promise"

It seems some of you are unable to handle a little debating.

COMEDY!
Well I didnt as you can see from my above quote, I said "Im pretty sure", whereas your going around spouting that you was told you would be able to find all the music you wanted.

I'm more then happy to have a good adult debate, but unfortunately you don't seem to fit that criteria.
Dave.UK is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:12 PM   #190
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.UK View Post
Well I didnt as you can see from my above quote, I said "Im pretty sure", whereas your going around spouting that you was told you would be able to find all the music you wanted.

I'm more then happy to have a good adult debate, but unfortunately you don't seem to fit that criteria.
Well how about this, I am sorry I misquoted you sir.

You lost your argument where you informed me you were "pretty sure" I could find all my music on google music?

Better?
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:41 PM   #191
grkm3
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
Well how about this, I am sorry I misquoted you sir.

You lost your argument where you informed me you were "pretty sure" I could find all my music on google music?

Better?
you can find all your music on google music,I told you how to sync your iTunes a few times and what does iTunes and google music play have to do with a gs3 vs iphone 5 death match.

bottom line is if you really want to buy those hard to find songs you can and you can get them on your gs3 with ease.

you do know people with gs3s use iTunes right? or do you somehow think we don't like to use our old ipods too
grkm3 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:56 PM   #192
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
you can find all your music on google music,I told you how to sync your iTunes a few times and what does iTunes and google music play have to do with a gs3 vs iphone 5 death match.

bottom line is if you really want to buy those hard to find songs you can and you can get them on your gs3 with ease.

you do know people with gs3s use iTunes right? or do you somehow think we don't like to use our old ipods too
You do know this argument was about someone being "pretty sure" I could find the music I wanted on Google music right?

The fact the debate branched off to other statements such as cost and being able to find music elsewhere was not brought up by me.

craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 04:01 PM   #193
grkm3
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytony View Post
You do know this argument was about someone being "pretty sure" I could find the music I wanted on Google music right?

The fact the debate branched off to other statements such as cost and being able to find music elsewhere was not brought up by me.

and you are doing the same thing as just throwing out a number like 15 million who cares just upload those songs to your google acc,heck I just added 10 to mine while making a thread about it.
grkm3 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 04:31 PM   #194
craftytony
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sycamore, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
and you are doing the same thing as just throwing out a number like 15 million who cares just upload those songs to your google acc,heck I just added 10 to mine while making a thread about it.

Why do you all insist on turning this around on me?

I agree with you, sure that's nice....you can upload the music you got from iTunes to your google account. But that's not what the debate was all about.

Is it that hard to realize the argument was about being able to find all my music on google? And it wasn't true?
craftytony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:27 PM   #195
sectime
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.UK View Post
So let me get this right. You would rather pay an itunes subscription AND buy all your music from itunes, regardless of whether its cheaper elsewhere? No wonder Apples onto a winner with people like you around!!

And thats probably why Apple has kept ios as it is. You give some ios users "choice" and they don't know what to do with it.
Yes, much easier, instantly downloads to 5 IOS machines etc., shopping around to save chump change is really boring and I have better things to do. Guess I'm a stupid Apple fan boy, the shame

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
Source? About iTunes Match streaming.
Are you serious? Well, My IPhone 5, iPad 4, Apple TV are my proof
I use ITunes match, no music stored on phone, iPad, ITV I stream songs, I listen, If I want to download them to my phone I can. Lots of threads about how ITunes match streams, I really don't care, it works.
sectime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:34 PM   #196
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectime View Post
Are you serious? Well, My IPhone 5, iPad 4, Apple TV are my proof
I use ITunes match, no music stored on phone, iPad, ITV I stream songs, I listen, If I want to download them to my phone I can. Lots of threads about how ITunes match streams, I really don't care, it works.
I was actually thinking of the iPhone when I stated that, which only downloads not stream as I remember.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:44 PM   #197
sectime
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
I was actually thinking of the iPhone when I stated that, which only downloads not stream as I remember.
Apple Support:
Does iTunes Match stream or download songs?
On a computer, any songs stored in iCloud will stream over the air when played, though you can download them at any time by clicking the iCloud download button. iOS devices will start playing tracks from iCloud as they download and will store them so that you can listen to them later even if you donít have a network connection. Apple TV only streams songs.
sectime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:49 PM   #198
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectime View Post
Apple Support:
Does iTunes Match stream or download songs?
On a computer, any songs stored in iCloud will stream over the air when played, though you can download them at any time by clicking the iCloud download button. iOS devices will start playing tracks from iCloud as they download and will store them so that you can listen to them later even if you donít have a network connection. Apple TV only streams songs.
That's exactly what I just said.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:11 PM   #199
Tinmania
macrumors 68030
 
Tinmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aridzona
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
That's exactly what I just said.
It's looking like they don't even know what they are arguing about anymore. <shakes head>

Who's on first?




Michael
Tinmania is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:24 PM   #200
sectime
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
[QUOTE=LIVEFRMNYC;16924597]That's exactly what I just said.[/QUOTE
Not really, you listen to the stream and the song downloads.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinmania View Post
It's looking like they don't even know what they are arguing about anymore. <shakes head>

Who's on first?




Michael
Not you, but you think you are and THAT's funny
sectime is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting iPhone/Galaxy Drop Test. iPhone vs Galaxy vs Rocket travis.hansen iPhone 10 Nov 8, 2012 12:09 PM
Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint Dolorian Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 111 Sep 4, 2012 12:36 PM
Replace iPhone 4S with Galaxy S3 or wait for Galaxy Nexus Update? nikster0029 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 8 Aug 1, 2012 11:39 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC