Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Woo! It's been delivered!

I've got a 7 hours shift now though so will have to wait to get home before I can open the beast!

Going to be the longest 7 hours ever!

habu281

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Whittier
My 16GB of RAM has just arrived to bring it up to 24GB, I have my UPS, my SuperDrive and my apple batter charger. Just waiting on the iMac now! :D
I may have missed it, but which UPS did you choose ?

Congrats on the new computer. It really surprised me how fast it is.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I may have missed it, but which UPS did you choose ?

Congrats on the new computer. It really surprised me how fast it is.

Thanks! Typing on it now! Yes, it's extremely fast! I love it!

I have the CyberPower PFC 1350VA. It's the only one I could find available in the UK. I definitely did not need the 1350VA, but it was my only choice.

Dreamboy

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
Mine is out for delivery today!

I'm at the office waiting for the TNT ban to come. This will be a long day... :D

Update: The TNT guy called and it's coming...

Update: OMG It's here!!!! I have three packages (iMac, SuperDrive and AppleCare) just wainting for my lunch time to go home and unbox it. :D

Last edited:

azreal677

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
Milton Keynes, England
OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I think I'm going to name my first child iMac.

UPS delivered it pretty sharpish, took just over 48 hours to get from Cork to my house in Milton Keynes. And also says "Assembled in Ireland" on the foot, which I thought was a nice touch.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I think I'm going to name my first child iMac.

UPS delivered it pretty sharpish, took just over 48 hours to get from Cork to my house in Milton Keynes. And also says "Assembled in Ireland" on the foot, which I thought was a nice touch.

Glad that we both finally have our iMacs! I agree, it's beautiful!

Mine was also assembled in Ireland and after it's first departure took just over 48 hours to get down to the South Coast from Cork. :D

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Glad that we both finally have our iMacs! I agree, it's beautiful!

Mine was also assembled in Ireland and after it's first departure took just over 48 hours to get down to the South Coast from Cork. :D

Oh really? so they now also make them in Europe as in the US, thats would be interesting because my iMAC is coming straight from Ireland :)

I will see if it says "made in Ireland"

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Oh really? so they now also make them in Europe as in the US, thats would be interesting because my iMAC is coming straight from Ireland :)

I will see if it says "made in Ireland"

They've been making certain BTO orders in Ireland for many years. If yours is coming straight from Ireland, then yes, it will have been made there :D

VortexMK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Is there anyone who is still waiting for his iMac that is ordered on 22th January? Today a local dealer said to me I have to wait for two weeks more... I can't believe Apple needs two months to make iMac!!!!???

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Is there anyone who is still waiting for his iMac that is ordered on 22th January? Today a local dealer said to me I have to wait for two weeks more... I can't believe Apple needs two months to make iMac!!!!???

Apple are prioritising orders ordered through the Apple Store over resellers and while this may not be good news for you, I believe it is the correct thing to do.

Bolteh

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Apple are prioritising orders ordered through the Apple Store over resellers and while this may not be good news for you, I believe it is the correct thing to do.

Sadly enough this isn't the only prioritising. My 30 Jan order hasn't moved at all and is still sitting on "processing" nearly 1.5 months later. In the meantime I see people that ordered mid-Feb get theirs delivered.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
Sadly enough this isn't the only prioritising. My 30 Jan order hasn't moved at all and is still sitting on "processing" nearly 1.5 months later. In the meantime I see people that ordered mid-Feb get theirs delivered.

Wow, really? :(

When is your estimated delivery date? Have you spoke to Apple?

VortexMK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013

Have You ordered over Your local dealer? From which country are You?

Bolteh

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
Ordered online directly from Apple. I'm from Belgium.

I've had Apple Customer Support on the phone twice, and both times the answer was "we're shipping as fastbas we can".

The earliest date was yesterday, the latest is Mar 21. But that still doesn't explain why others in EU that placed an order weeks later, are getting theirs.

****, mine doesn't even have fusion or anything. Other than the 680mx, it's stock.

VortexMK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Ordered online directly from Apple. I'm from Belgium.

I've had Apple Customer Support on the phone twice, and both times the answer was "we're shipping as fastbas we can".

The earliest date was yesterday, the latest is Mar 21. But that still doesn't explain why others in EU that placed an order weeks later, are getting theirs.

****, mine doesn't even have fusion or anything. Other than the 680mx, it's stock.

That's enough to be BTO and to wait longer for iMac. I'm from Serbia and, as I said a few posts before, I have ordered mine on January 22. and my local dealer sad yesterday I'll have to wait for (at least) two weeks more.

Mine is also BTO... I ordered 1TB Fusion Drive.

beosound3200

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2010
That's enough to be BTO and to wait longer for iMac. I'm from Serbia and, as I said a few posts before, I have ordered mine on January 22. and my local dealer sad yesterday I'll have to wait for (at least) two weeks more.

Mine is also BTO... I ordered 1TB Fusion Drive.

Croatia (iStyle)

January 22nd

i7 3.4ghz, 16gb ram, 1tb fusion, 680mx

and i have no idea whatsoever when will it come

VortexMK

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Went into Apple Store Newcastle and they had 27" i7 3.4 1TB TB and GTX 680MX 2048 MB in stock. Purchased there and then, it's fantastic!

Great... In UK you have BTO iMacs in stock and I have to wait for mine over two months... Of course... It is UK and this is (for many of you) barely known Serbia... Plus, mine BTO iMac with Fusion Drive costs in USA about $2250 and here in Serbia I had to paid for it almost $2900. What injustice... :mad:

thagigo

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
Denmark;
ordered mine (custom made) December 14th through local dealer.. still got no clue when it is arriving:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.