Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:20 AM   #26
Adava
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac4 View Post
Oh really. Man that is one of my favorite tweaks after jailbreaking
lol dude, LivePapers? Really? That's sucking your battery out from the house itself.
Adava is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:38 AM   #27
Beeray
macrumors regular

Does zephyr drain the battery?

Beeray
Beeray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:31 AM   #28
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adava View Post
lol dude, LivePapers? Really? That's sucking your battery out from the house itself.
Yes they do if you sit and look at them for long periods of time, but what is different about iOS than android is they stop when you turn the screen off and when you open an app.
bmac4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:02 AM   #29
BumpyFlatline
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeray View Post
Does zephyr drain the battery?

Beeray
In my opinion, no. I have been using it since 5.1.1 and I don't see any noticeable difference in battery life. Others, however, have claimed battery drain due to zephyr.
BumpyFlatline is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:09 AM   #30
STiNG Operation
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberWhiskey View Post

Tomorrow, I am going to uninstall Zephyr to see what that does. The only other tweaks I have are switchy, and tetherme. I don't think it is tetherme as that shouldn't be active until I turn it on. Zephyr seems like it has to run all the time, so that is a possibility.
I'm in the same spot as you. Could you let us know how your battery life was without Zephyr. Also is your version pirated or paid for(not judging lol).

I've had it uninstalled for a couple days and am not seeing a difference.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:59 AM   #31
xxxhackaxxx
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase View Post
If you can get by without the eye candy (especially live wallpapers), chances are you'll get better battery life. I only have the following installed on my iPhone 6 running 6.1.2, and my battery has no real impact over the stock non-jailbroken state:

AdBlocker
AdBlockerNetworks
CleverPin
DietBulletin
Dimmer
FullForce
iFile
MapsOpener
MuteIcon
MxTube
NCRam
NCSettings
Nitrous
Not-So-Smart
NowNow
PandoraSkips
PasswordPilot Pro
ProTube 2
RespringCacheFix
SpringFlash
Springtomize 2
SwipeShiftCaret
SwitcherCleaner
UnrestrictPremium
VolumeStep
WiFi Analyzer
xCon
YFiSelect 5.0+
I have noticed Springtomize 2 takes up a lot of battery, so i uninstalled that.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:11 AM   #32
Beeray
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by STiNG Operation View Post
I'm in the same spot as you. Could you let us know how your battery life was without Zephyr. Also is your version pirated or paid for(not judging lol).

I've had it uninstalled for a couple days and am not seeing a difference.
No, it isn't pirated. There is a noticeable battery drain. Although I think the % might be off. It isn't enough to delete
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:42 AM   #33
locoboi187
macrumors 6502a

I've noticed that inteliscreenx is draining a lot of my battery
locoboi187 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:49 AM   #34
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Well it looks like my problem was NCsetting. It looks like my iPhone 5 battery life is back. I am still running livepapers and it seems to be ok with that. Let you guys know if that changes.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:10 PM   #35
Beeray
macrumors regular

Quote:
Well it looks like my problem was NCsetting. It looks like my iPhone 5 battery life is back. I am still running livepapers and it seems to be ok with that. Let you guys know if that changes.
Really? Ncsetting drained the battery, wow. Does sbsettings drain the battery?

Beeray
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:21 PM   #36
malcbo
macrumors newbie

I've been running NCSettings on 4S & 5 since evasion was out (on 6.1 and now 6.1.2), and I haven't experienced any drain at all on battery.
I even feel like battery improved since jailbroken.
malcbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:09 PM   #37
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Really? Ncsetting drained the battery, wow. Does sbsettings drain the battery?

Beeray
Well my phone died right before I went to bed last night, so I plugged it up and removed NCsetting cause I heard someone on here say that it has worked for them. I only got about 5 1/2 hours of usage yesterday, and before the jailbreak I was getting close to 8. So after charging my iphone all night I started using it today and I am down to 90% with 1 hour usage. That would equal out to close to 8 hours if this continues. Now livepapers also updated yesterday, so the update could be doing the trick too. The only problem with that is I have been having battery issues since I jailbroke and NCsetting was on of the first apps I downloaded. It could just my phone, but I really do believe that was the problem.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:35 PM   #38
Beeray
macrumors regular

Quote:
Well my phone died right before I went to bed last night, so I plugged it up and removed NCsetting cause I heard someone on here say that it has worked for them. I only got about 5 1/2 hours of usage yesterday, and before the jailbreak I was getting close to 8. So after charging my iphone all night I started using it today and I am down to 90% with 1 hour usage. That would equal out to close to 8 hours if this continues. Now livepapers also updated yesterday, so the update could be doing the trick too. The only problem with that is I have been having battery issues since I jailbroke and NCsetting was on of the first apps I downloaded. It could just my phone, but I really do believe that was the problem.
It never effected my battery, for me, I think it's zephyr
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:37 PM   #39
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
It never effected my battery, for me, I think it's zephyr
Ok cool. I don't know why it effected mine, but I did not use it very much anyways so I am good without it.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:44 PM   #40
BumpyFlatline
macrumors 68030

Man that would be so disappointing if NCSettings really is a battery drain. Whenever the dev is asked about this, he always says that its unlikely because NCSettings only "loads" when the NC is pulled down (which makes sense). Outside of that, he said it shouldn't have any impact on the battery. But if its true that it drains the battery, well then that sucks badly. Hopefully he can fix it if this is the case.
BumpyFlatline is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:48 PM   #41
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

I have a few tweeks and my battery seems to have improved.
I have the
fold screen
Barrel roll
Winterboard
Unrestrictor
Springtomize
SBsettings
DashboardX
Ectů
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:03 PM   #42
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816

LivePapers and IntelliScreen X will MURDER your battery, especially together.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:10 PM   #43
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyFlatline View Post
Man that would be so disappointing if NCSettings really is a battery drain. Whenever the dev is asked about this, he always says that its unlikely because NCSettings only "loads" when the NC is pulled down (which makes sense). Outside of that, he said it shouldn't have any impact on the battery. But if its true that it drains the battery, well then that sucks badly. Hopefully he can fix it if this is the case.
Well I am still checking cause after my 10% drain this morning now my iPhone is back to drain for no good reason. I guess my next try is going to be winterboard. I really hate to loss some of the cool things that winterboard offers, but if it ends up being the problem then I will cut my losses.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:10 PM   #44
Luis2004
macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid of Winterboard. I really want the Jaku theme, but I'm afraid.
Luis2004 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:13 PM   #45
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
LivePapers and IntelliScreen X will MURDER your battery, especially together.
How will intelliscreen x drain battery if I have all the feeds turn off? I don't have Facebook, twitter, or RSS feed synced. All it does now is allow me to answer messages.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:33 PM   #46
LithePanther
macrumors 6502

Quote:
How will intelliscreen x drain battery if I have all the feeds turn off? I don't have Facebook, twitter, or RSS feed synced. All it does now is allow me to answer messages.
It doesn't. The drain comes with the feeds. I just run the RSS feed and have no noticeable battery drain compared to no ISX. I'm thinking the Twitter feed drains the most, then FB. Not sure how bad the mail is - I've never used it.

Although its crap-ton of launch daemons makes my boot times horrid. Thank god i'm on an untether
LithePanther is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:43 PM   #47
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post
It doesn't. The drain comes with the feeds. I just run the RSS feed and have no noticeable battery drain compared to no ISX. I'm thinking the Twitter feed drains the most, then FB. Not sure how bad the mail is - I've never used it.

Although its crap-ton of launch daemons makes my boot times horrid. Thank god i'm on an untether
Yea mail was the only thing that I still had on. I took it off an we will see. I deleted winterboard as well and I am charging as we speak. Let you guys know if I find anything.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:44 PM   #48
Beeray
macrumors regular

Quote:
My battery is amazing. Ncsettings was the first thing I installed, no battery issues. I think it might be zephyr in my case. That's all I have.
Beeray
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:45 PM   #49
bmac4
macrumors 68000

Quote:
My battery is amazing. Ncsettings was the first thing I installed, no battery issues. I think it might be zephyr in my case. That's all I have.
Beeray
I don't zephyr
Old Feb 28, 2013, 04:05 PM   #50
lukejc1
macrumors 6502

I currently use Springtomize 2 for a couple of things. One is to remove the carrier name and another is to blur the notification center.

My question is am I better off, battery wise, to use Springtomize for these two things or to use something like No Carrier Name and FastBlurredNotificationCenter.
lukejc1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks