Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which phone has superior capabilities?

• iphone has more abilities thanks to the apple ecosystem

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • iphone has more abilities without the need of the ecosystem

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • s3 has more abilities

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • s3 has more abilities but no one uses them (ex. NFC)

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I've already given you examples of music not found on Google.

Congratulations on saving yourself 24 bucks a YEAR or about 2 bucks a month for half the selection.

I'm sure google music has all the boyband pop songs you'll ever need :)

Oh no ..... But your so concern about the 10 million track different. Own up and lets see the 10 million track list.

If you paid for the tracks in iTunes you really aren't accessing it from anywhere for FREE are you?
:confused:

You might want to rethink what you just said.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
That's what I do, moving purchased music from the playstore to iTunes requires more steps but is easy. Though since I sold my G3 I don't use Google music much, only on my Nexus 7.

I have an ipad mini and found a couple of good apps that allow ones Google library to be accessed, it works really well.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Oh no ..... But your so concern about the 10 million track different. Own up and lets see the 10 million track list.

Why do I need to show you 10 million when i've already shown you hundreds?

BTW, it's actually more than 10 million :p

I've already proven to you already, and yet you want more....you're a funny guy :)

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Why do I need to show you 10 million when i've already shown you hundreds?

BTW, it's actually more than 10 million :p

I've already proven to you already, and yet you want more....you're a funny guy :)

And I showed you one. I guess that makes iTunes flawed as well huh?

You haven't proven anything besides that fact the Google doesn't have every single track from the random artists you posted.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL

You might want to rethink what you just said.

Why is that? You are telling me you do in fact purchase songs from itunes. Purchase means you paid money for them.

Then you say you can listen to them anywhere for FREE, well if you purchased the song already, that means you actually paid for it and it wasn't free.

----------

And I showed you one. I guess that makes iTunes flawed as well huh?

You haven't proven anything besides that fact the Google doesn't have every single track from the random artists you posted.

You showed me 1 song compared to the hundreds I showed?

That's your argument? Seriously?

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Why is that? You are telling me you do in fact purchase songs from itunes. Purchase means you paid money for them.

Then you say you can listen to them anywhere for FREE, well if you purchased the song already, that means you actually paid for it and it wasn't free.

I don't have to store my music collection and access it anywhere. Reguardless of any original purchase.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL

If you had been following along, I was told I could find anything I wanted on Google music, so I checked and it wasn't true.

That was the whole argument, so that "only thing" that I proved was actually the whole reason this music debate started.

Now it has branched off....and excuses are being made just because you haven't heard of the "random" artists that myself and millions of others listen to? Lol

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
So let me get this right. You would rather pay an itunes subscription AND buy all your music from itunes, regardless of whether its cheaper elsewhere? No wonder Apples onto a winner with people like you around!!

And thats probably why Apple has kept ios as it is. You give some ios users "choice" and they don't know what to do with it. ;)

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
So let me get this right. You would rather pay an itunes subscription AND buy all your music from itunes, regardless of whether its cheaper elsewhere? No wonder Apples onto a winner with people like you around!!

And thats probably why Apple has kept ios as it is. You give some ios users "choice" and they don't know what to do with it. ;)

Wow, you just can't let it go can you? You lost your argument and now you change to another one?

It truly amazes me how some of you pull out nuggets of information without regard to the full context.

Let me put it this way.

You challenged me by stating I could find all the music I wanted on Google music.

I proved to you that I couldn't.

Now you have changed the argument to paying for services.

If you are going to choose an item to argue about, stay with it....

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Wow, you just can't let it go can you? You lost your argument and now you change to another one?

It truly amazes me how some of you pull out nuggets of information without regard to the full context.

Let me put it this way.

You challenged me by stating I could find all the music I wanted on Google music.

I proved to you that I couldn't.

Now you have changed the argument to paying for services.

If you are going to choose an item to argue about, stay with it....

I think you'll find I said

Now your saying Google Music has 15million less tracks then itunes, but look at how much longer itunes has been around. Anyway, im pretty sure all the music you want is available on Google Music - As daveathall said, your just nit picking now.

Notice I didn't use the words guarantee or promise like your suggesting! Your like a little child thats had too many sweets, rushing from argument to argument! Calm down and chill out!

In the words of Dragons Den - I'm out!

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
I think you'll find I said
Notice I didn't use the words guarantee or promise like your suggesting! Your like a little child thats had too many sweets, rushing from argument to argument! Calm down and chill out!

In the words of Dragons Den - I'm out!

Lol, whose nitpicking now? "I didn't use the words guarantee or promise"

It seems some of you are unable to handle a little debating.

COMEDY!

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Lol, whose nitpicking now? "I didn't use the words guarantee or promise"

It seems some of you are unable to handle a little debating.

COMEDY!

Well I didnt as you can see from my above quote, I said "Im pretty sure", whereas your going around spouting that you was told you would be able to find all the music you wanted.

I'm more then happy to have a good adult debate, but unfortunately you don't seem to fit that criteria.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Well I didnt as you can see from my above quote, I said "Im pretty sure", whereas your going around spouting that you was told you would be able to find all the music you wanted.

I'm more then happy to have a good adult debate, but unfortunately you don't seem to fit that criteria.

Well how about this, I am sorry I misquoted you sir.

You lost your argument where you informed me you were "pretty sure" I could find all my music on google music?

Better?

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2013
Well how about this, I am sorry I misquoted you sir.

You lost your argument where you informed me you were "pretty sure" I could find all my music on google music?

Better?

you can find all your music on google music,I told you how to sync your iTunes a few times and what does iTunes and google music play have to do with a gs3 vs iphone 5 death match.

bottom line is if you really want to buy those hard to find songs you can and you can get them on your gs3 with ease.

you do know people with gs3s use iTunes right? or do you somehow think we don't like to use our old ipods too

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
you can find all your music on google music,I told you how to sync your iTunes a few times and what does iTunes and google music play have to do with a gs3 vs iphone 5 death match.

bottom line is if you really want to buy those hard to find songs you can and you can get them on your gs3 with ease.

you do know people with gs3s use iTunes right? or do you somehow think we don't like to use our old ipods too

You do know this argument was about someone being "pretty sure" I could find the music I wanted on Google music right?

The fact the debate branched off to other statements such as cost and being able to find music elsewhere was not brought up by me.

:)

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2013
You do know this argument was about someone being "pretty sure" I could find the music I wanted on Google music right?

The fact the debate branched off to other statements such as cost and being able to find music elsewhere was not brought up by me.

:)

and you are doing the same thing as just throwing out a number like 15 million who cares just upload those songs to your google acc,heck I just added 10 to mine while making a thread about it.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
and you are doing the same thing as just throwing out a number like 15 million who cares just upload those songs to your google acc,heck I just added 10 to mine while making a thread about it.

Why do you all insist on turning this around on me? :)

I agree with you, sure that's nice....you can upload the music you got from iTunes to your google account. But that's not what the debate was all about.

Is it that hard to realize the argument was about being able to find all my music on google? And it wasn't true?

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007

Yes, much easier, instantly downloads to 5 IOS machines etc., shopping around to save chump change is really boring and I have better things to do. Guess I'm a stupid Apple fan boy, the shame :cool:

----------

Source? About iTunes Match streaming.
Are you serious? Well, My IPhone 5, iPad 4, Apple TV are my proof :)
I use ITunes match, no music stored on phone, iPad, ITV I stream songs, I listen, If I want to download them to my phone I can. Lots of threads about how ITunes match streams, I really don't care, it works.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Are you serious? Well, My IPhone 5, iPad 4, Apple TV are my proof :)
I use ITunes match, no music stored on phone, iPad, ITV I stream songs, I listen, If I want to download them to my phone I can. Lots of threads about how ITunes match streams, I really don't care, it works.

I was actually thinking of the iPhone when I stated that, which only downloads not stream as I remember.

sectime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
I was actually thinking of the iPhone when I stated that, which only downloads not stream as I remember.

Apple Support:
Does iTunes Match stream or download songs?
On a computer, any songs stored in iCloud will stream over the air when played, though you can download them at any time by clicking the iCloud download button. iOS devices will start playing tracks from iCloud as they download and will store them so that you can listen to them later even if you don’t have a network connection. Apple TV only streams songs.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Apple Support:
Does iTunes Match stream or download songs?
On a computer, any songs stored in iCloud will stream over the air when played, though you can download them at any time by clicking the iCloud download button. iOS devices will start playing tracks from iCloud as they download and will store them so that you can listen to them later even if you don’t have a network connection. Apple TV only streams songs.

That's exactly what I just said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.