Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Yes, the full purchase price.

I don't know why people think there might be a chance that the Apple store guys will say, "Oh, sure, let's just give you another one!"

You'll have to buy it all over again if you didn't have insurance or Applecare+ on it.

They actually do do that. They can salvage working parts off of your old one and give you a remanufactured one at a discounted price.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
Yeah I kind of surmised that from the hundred posts tearing me to pieces.

But thanks for the clarification.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I brought my ibook g4 that had a blown motherboard to an Apple store 3 years after the warranty had expired and they did the repairmfor free. $689 dollar repair completely free. Apple is a great company.

That generally doesn't happen. There was likely something else going on that made them decide to cover it, particularly that much later. Like the Nvidia quality thing were they covered machine with a particular card for up to a couple of years past warranty

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
You only received what you needed.

And you're only reinforcing the stereotype that Apple customers are snobby know-it-alls.

Not true. At least not in the US. They will let you swap at part cost if you are still under limited warranty. On an iPad mini that's about $225-250 depending on whether wifi or +cellular

Please read the thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.