Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tegregg

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2013
Has anyone else received the "IMAP Folders Disabled" error message when activating their account? The error states:

"Mailbox needs access to your IMAP folders in to order to sync your data. Please enable your AllMail, Sent, Trash and [Mailbox] folders in Gmail settings and try again."

IMAP is enabled for my account, but the app did not create a [Mailbox] folder for me. Is this something we must do manually?

Thanks!

I'm getting this same message. Anyone know how to sort it out. I have IMAP enabled but no [Mailbox] folder created

*Update - I manually added a [Mailbox] folder to Gmail and that has fixed the problem*

Last edited:

pokenguyen

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
How to set up mail on mac to show archive folder as inbox? It's weird to see blank inbox on my mac (it means I can't access it offline too).

radoyhead

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2013
I solved the issue by ticking ALL the Show in IMAP check-boxes (even the ones unrelated to Mailbox) in the Labels section of the Gmail settings.

I also had created the [Mailbox] folder manually beforehand, but I was still facing the issue...

Regards,
Alex

wdmn1234

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2013
This app seems all good to me except for one thing: I can't get my archive/all mail section to display conversations by date, the way I have it in OSX Mail. They're arranged in some weird sequence that I can't figure out. Anyone have any ideas?

blackmac2008

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2013
Problem

Has anyone else received the "IMAP Folders Disabled" error message when activating their account? The error states:

"Mailbox needs access to your IMAP folders in to order to sync your data. Please enable your AllMail, Sent, Trash and [Mailbox] folders in Gmail settings and try again."

IMAP is enabled for my account, but the app did not create a [Mailbox] folder for me. Is this something we must do manually?

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. Does someone know how I can fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.