Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
I have an iphone 5, and after a few months of using it I noticed the the keyboard isnt so great. I hope apple improves the iphone. Anyone agrees with me? the accuracy of the key need improvement and the auto-correct. What apple need is a way to have the iPhone learn how we type to become better similar to what blackberry has in, with accurate typing. its really annoying anyone agree?

smoledman

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2011
I have an iphone 5, and after a few months of using it I noticed the the keyboard isnt so great. I hope apple improves the iphone. Anyone agrees with me? the accuracy of the key need improvement and the auto-correct. What apple need is a way to have the iPhone learn how we type to become better similar to what blackberry has in, with accurate typing. its really annoying anyone agree?

Apple keeps things solid & steady. I haven't used Android keyboards but having used the WP keyboard on 7.5/7.8 I can definitely say it's superior. For one thing it has a .com key.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I've become used to the Iphones KB having used all generations, but I must admit...Even in landscape I do hit the wrong key from time to time..It's hard to see how it can be improved unless we wind up with a giant device...something I'm not a fan of.

The ipad KB is fine, being larger, and I seldom feel the need to use a BT KB with it unless I'm writing a long document.

Aurizen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
I think it would be great if apple adopted something that blackberry did which learns how we type to become more accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6iNAeXson8

observe 0:43-0:47 and 1:14-1:23

and these would be crucial to ios if they implement these features. I hope ios 7 would have this improvement.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Apple keeps things solid & steady. I haven't used Android keyboards but having used the WP keyboard on 7.5/7.8 I can definitely say it's superior. For one thing it has a .com key.

If you don't have an Android keyboard, then you don't have an Android keyboard. Being a user of both iOS and Android, I can definitely say that Android keyboards can be far superior to what Apple offers, especially stock keyboards like what come on the Galaxy Note 2 that offer both letters and numbers on the same view and have swype ability. If I want, I can install third party keyboards from the Google Play store like the superb SwiftKey. These Android keyboards give me far superior typing speed, word prediction and correction to what the iOS keyboard offers and don't annoy me with the constant iOS auto-(un)correct that never seems to learn and with an almost impossibly small hit target to cancel the auto-(un)correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.