Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
I'm basically sharing this for the people who may be in the same boat as me and want an iPad but may not have the "dough" to throw down all at once for one. Or maybe you don't want to and would rather pay a monthly installment for an iPad.

I found out that QVC offerers payment plans for iPads ranging from the 3rd Generation to the iPad Minis. Now the only downfall is there is a "premium price" for this, or maybe they justify it by adding a bunch of accessories with it. But I was eyeballing a 64gb iPad 4th Gen, it comes with a case I believe, bluetooth keyboard and some extra charing adapters and a 3 year warranty from QVC. Now for all of that it's $999 and you can get a 4G/LTE version for maybe $100 more or so plus extras.

Now mind you, a lot of other places offer payment plans but they're financing it. So if you're credit isn't good(could be another reason) and want one, you can go the QVC route. Maybe this isn't new information to some, but it was to me and it certainly will make it easier for me to possibly obtain one in the near future.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Apple offers financing for interest fee payments up to $499 and 12 months from $499 to $1998. Sure, it's financing and not a payment plan, but QVC splits the payments into 6 portions. Pretty much the same as the Apple financing 6 month plan.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I think carriers offer payment plans over 12 months as well for ipads. At least Verizon does.

dsampley

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Last time I watched QVC when they were selling iPad's, it looked like you were paying a lot more for the ipad and the acccessories versus just buying an iPad from Apple or another retailer and getting a 6 month same as cash deal. For example, the iPad 4th generation wifi is listed for a price today on QVC's web site at 849.00. That price appears high to me based on the iPad and the accessories listed that were included (most of which, I would never use, of course you may see that differently) I would think you could find someplace else to pay for the iPad over time at a better price.

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
Last time I watched QVC when they were selling iPad's, it looked like you were paying a lot more for the ipad and the acccessories versus just buying an iPad from Apple or another retailer and getting a 6 month same as cash deal. For example, the iPad 4th generation wifi is listed for a price today on QVC's web site at 849.00. That price appears high to me based on the iPad and the accessories listed that were included (most of which, I would never use, of course you may see that differently) I would think you could find someplace else to pay for the iPad over time at a better price.

I think one of the big things that drives the price up on QVC is they make you buy their warranty package and the one that comes with it already starts at like $150, you can't get the product without it. Then with the crappy accessories, that's probably how they justify the price.

There may be other places to get a better deal but I'm unaware of them, kind of why I started this thread. QVC is the first place I've seen that allows payment plans without any credit check or financing of any kind. They just split the price up 6 ways, somewhat more convenient for people who either don't have good credit or are young and have none at all.

But I'll be happy to know of others if anyone knows other Payment Plan options for the iPad.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I think one of the big things that drives the price up on QVC is they make you buy their warranty package and the one that comes with it already starts at like $150, you can't get the product without it.

That's probably because they aren't likely an authorized reseller so they have to have folks 'grey' buy units at full cost and then mark it up via their 'warranty' to make a profit

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
I got my ipad from qvc on easy payments only because at the time I did not have the full amount to get my ipad at the moment.

jdcell100

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2010
Qvc dosent make you take or buy there warranty. They offer one but they not make u buy it

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
If you do not mind dealing with Best Buy, they have interest free payment plans. It depends on what dollar amount you spend which governs how long the free interest pay period is.

Xiaocon

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
They wanted $629 for a 16GB Wifi iPad 2 on tv last night...:eek: I guess a grab bag of cheap Chinese accessories makes up the difference?

jgag

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
Just save up for it! Ownership is a good feeling. Don't let yourself get ripped off!

Bbafett

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
Go to Best Buy and use their 18 month no interest financing offer.

Me and my wife just got ipad minis 32gb this weekend with Best Buy's 18month financing no interest. I love that place. Of course with the tax refund I could buy it outright but why not use their money for free and pay it off before the 18th month is up.

BTW we love the minis. I have actually got back to where I enjoy reading. Just fits in the hand perfect.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
Just save up for it! Ownership is a good feeling. Don't let yourself get ripped off!

I second this comment. There is a much better feeling when you own something.

Plus by the time you get it paid off, there will be a new iPad out, and you will be paying out on something you could have saved for and gotten the "latest".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.