Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

osx-addict

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Can someone let me know if you know of a way to not have DTPO prompt me for what filename to use when scanning new documents in from the Scansnap?

I get prompted for each document which is different than others I gather which get auto-generated filenames done automagically.. I've checked the settings but found nothing..

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Can someone let me know if you know of a way to not have DTPO prompt me for what filename to use when scanning new documents in from the Scansnap?

I get prompted for each document which is different than others I gather which get auto-generated filenames done automagically.. I've checked the settings but found nothing..

Mine prompts for filename... but I think it is a function of the ScanSnap S1500M... not DTPO. By default, it assigns a name such as "2013_03_07_17_53_28.pdf"

/Jim

osx-addict

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Mine prompts for filename... but I think it is a function of the ScanSnap S1500M... not DTPO. By default, it assigns a name such as "2013_03_07_17_53_28.pdf"

/Jim

Hmm.. In my case I know that it's DTPO since it waits until after the OCR is done by DTPO and ready for adding to the filesystem that is the DTPO database.. The Scansnap software is long done I believe by the time the filename pop-up happens and I know it's DTPO since it's the blue shell icon bouncing in my dock..

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Hmm.. In my case I know that it's DTPO since it waits until after the OCR is done by DTPO and ready for adding to the filesystem that is the DTPO database.. The Scansnap software is long done I believe by the time the filename pop-up happens and I know it's DTPO since it's the blue shell icon bouncing in my dock..

I misread your post. You are looking for a way to *STOP* having the prompt. I'm not sure. I think that if you just keep scanning... the pop up screen goes away. Test that out.

I just moved to my new iMac, but I haven't started scanning stuff in yet. I just did one test scan to make sure that everything was working. I won't be able to test this until next week sometime. Maybe someone else could help.

/Jim

osx-addict

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks.. I decided to post a message on the support forum for DTPO to see if they can clue me in.. :D

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Thanks.. I decided to post a message on the support forum for DTPO to see if they can clue me in.. :D

I discovered the answer today while setting up DTPO on my wife's computer.

Devonthink > Preferences > OCR > Uncheck "Enter metadata after text recognition"

/Jim

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 12.47.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 12.47.25 AM.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 69
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.