Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
I would love for the Apple TV to have a native Watch ESPN app like the Xbox 360 has. It would be a lot easier to watch ESPN etc..

I guess in the meantime you can do this..

Hail Caesar

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
ESPN, along with Amazon Instant, and Crackle. Those would be on my wish list, we dont subscribe to cable provider anymore, we finally cut the cord and its great.

cxc273

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
I love my Apple TV because it's an awesome way to view my iTunes content. But as a streaming box, its offerings leave a bit to be desired.

I would love to see ESPN added, as well as Amazon Prime. I'm hoping that the introduction of the Roku 3 will light a fire under Apple to add some more streaming content.

We cut the cord at the start of the year and really haven't missed broadcast TV. I've been using AirPlay mirroring on my Mac to watch some sports, though picture quality suffers a bit.

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Olympics. PLEASE.

It's the only sports I care for, and my wife will strangle me if we don't have wall-to-wall coverage when the next one happens - and I'll strangle myself if this means getting regular cable/satellite TV.

It's the kind of thing an :apple:TV app would be ideal for: independent of channel, does not suggest bundling for any reason, involves a plethora of live & rerun & commentary & statistics streams ... and when the event is over, a library of re-runs would be appreciated.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
even if they added watchespn, cant you only get it with a subcription to a provider? except for espn 3...
i don't really care about that. Just don't want to pay for the monthly hardware rental. I believe you have to pay for quality content somehow. I would like 1 box, ATV where I can see all my content and cross search. The new Roku looks promising with the cross search.

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
I can't get ESPN to work with XBMC. I put in my login information and I can see all the games playing, but clicking it I get an error. Anyone actually get it to work with XBMC?

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
I have to agree. I don't expect Apple to open up the Apple TV, but not adding HBO GO and Watch ESPN native apps to the device is very disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.