Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leokun1126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
Today i checked my phone and all the contacts were gone, so i tried to get all the contacts back by restoring them through back ups, which turn out to be long time ago, but then i clicked it (i was retarded) so now the phone has restore memories and data ages ago...and the new ones (after the backup files)are gone...... so anyone got a way to get the data(before i restore, that doesnt hav a back up) back before i restore? like the use of "command+'z'" for an essay and etc.?
plz plz plz help..... plz dont say 'sadly to tell you, but there ain't no way to fix it...' plz plz plz :(

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
You should be able to R click or double click on your phone in iTunes and restore from backup.... it should give you options which backup you wish to use. You should have one from just before you restored the old backup because it makes a current backup when you sync.

leokun1126

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2013
are you sure..?:( cuz when i tried to click back up from that one, it appears to be the old back up too....... so normally should itunes backup a new one before we restore it from the old one?.... :(
but if it rlly couldnt work... could you try to show me some app that might be able to restore through the Iphone itself or any chance that the mac could hav let me do something like "Command + z" to undo what i've done?... :(

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
iTunes only backs up your phone if you plug it in and go through a full sync cycle. If you normally do not plug your phone in, do an iCloud backup. Then everything is saved in the cloud incase this happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.