Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChunkAhoy

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
Thats really nice! Is that keyboard any good, why did you choose it over the apple version?

I chose the Logitech Easy-Switch K811 keyboard to replace my Apple wireless keyboard because i want to quickly swap from my mac to my 1st gen iPad for text entry. You don't see the iPad in the picture but i have it on my desk some times.

In case you don't know that keyboard, it can sync with 3 different bluetooth devices and you can how swap between them after. I have to say, the touch is not as good as the original Apple keyboard or my MacBook Pro's built-in keyboard. The keys are a little bit stiffer and, as i'm not used to it, i can miss a letter from time to time. I think i just have to get used to it. The backlight is a plus though. The swap is not as instantaneous as i would have thought but fast enough. Overall, i'd say i am satisfied with this keyboard.

My Apple wireless keyboard is now used in the living room for the Apple TV.

Edit: Here's a link to the Logitech Keyboard...
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone?crid=26

Last edited:

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
One of these things is not like the other...

not sure what that means. Its clearly an imac and a TBD.

----------

I chose the Logitech Easy-Switch K811 keyboard to replace my Apple wireless keyboard because i want to quickly swap from my mac to my 1st gen iPad for text entry. You don't see the iPad in the picture but i have it on my desk some times.

In case you don't know that keyboard, it can sync with 3 different bluetooth devices and you can how swap between them after. I have to say, the touch is not as good as the original Apple keyboard or my MacBook Pro's built-in keyboard. The keys are a little bit stiffer and, as i'm not used to it, i can miss a letter from time to time. I think i just have to get used to it. The backlight is a plus though. The swap is not as instantaneous as i would have thought but fast enough. Overall, i'd say i am satisfied with this keyboard.

My Apple wireless keyboard is now used in the living room for the Apple TV.

Edit: Here's a link to the Logitech Keyboard...
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illuminated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone?crid=26

I have also recently made the switch to the K811 and it feels much better than the apple one. able to connect to 3 devices on the fly and no more hunting down AA batteries, and of course, the backlight is just gravy.

Last edited:

tn9design

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2011
Texas
Moving into a new house next week, brought my desk over early so I could get some work done while I wait for the internet and alarm system to be installed.

BD-b88CCYAAz4rA.jpg

ChunkAhoy

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
Loving the desk, where did you get it from I couldn't find a link to it

It's a Herman Miller Envelop desk.
The link provided by Acorn is good but this is the MSRP.
I got mine from Workplace Resource Canada in Montreal. They are actually owned by Herman Miller. http://www.wrcanada.com
I paid CAD $540.00 +tx for that desk.... much lower than USD $960.00 asked on Herman Miller's site.
I have to say i benefit from corporate rebate because my employer buys a lot of Aeron chairs. I cannot tell what the rebate was though as WR's pricing works by requesting quotes.

----------

Moving into a new house next week, brought my desk over early so I could get some work done while I wait for the internet and alarm system to be installed.

Very nice setup! :) That chair is gorgeous.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010

I like your setup! By the way, whose the manufacturer of your chair as it looks like something I'd like to get with my computer workstation? Thanks! :)

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia

I had to just change my underpants ! :eek:

That is simply beautiful !! :apple:

Loving this thread, very inspirational to see such awesome setups

ShayOr

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
So, I returned from my 6 month stay in Madrid, Spain. I'm back home in my beloved apartment (Amsterdam). I, therefore, purchased myself a new desk. A very nice teak oak table. Treated with some oil for good protection and it'll be good for years to come! Expensive but worth it ( I hope.. )

What do you see?

- 15" MacBook Pro Retina 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM , 512GB SSD.
- 27" Thunderbolt Display
- Hercules XPS101 Speakers
- Magic Trackpad & Apple Wireless Keyboard
- iPad Mini 32GB Wifi White
- iPhone 5 32Gb White
- Rain mStand
- Desk (160cm x 90 cm)

What you don't see?

- Airport Expresses
- Time Capsule 2TB

Pictures taken with the iPhone and with the iPad Mini.

View attachment 394222
View attachment 394223
Taken with iPhone

View attachment 394224
View attachment 394225
Taken with the iPad

Previously, I had this setup. (I hated the need for constant cleaning of the damned glass!)
View attachment 394226

Hello,
What model of the chair?

Thank you

tn9design

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2011
Texas
Anyone figure out where this desk / chair came from?

It's not so much a desk as a 73" wooden kitchen countertop I bought at ikea a few years ago... the slab of wood weighs around 80lbs and it just sits un-attached on some white sawhorse legs I picked up for around $12

The chair I am not sure about. I have no idea what it's called but I can tell you after looking around the other day it's a much cheaper version of an Eames management chair design.

Hope that helps.

Mantis1996

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Arkansas
This is my new setup in my bedroom. Just purchased the Thunderbolt display with my retina MacBook Pro. Everything just works so smooth together.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 679

dapitts08

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2009
So beautiful. This picture inspired me to order two thunderbolt displays, beefed up Mac mini, keyboard and trackpad to replace my 17" MBP.

I always used laptops because they are very minimalist.

But this picture inspired me to think bigger.

I'll be posting my own picks within a week!

mannnnn... this pic got me too...i have MBP and 27 inch ACD.... been debating on getting a new MBP but now I a going to go with a mac mini and at some point add a thunderbolt to my ACD.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
This is my new setup in my bedroom. Just purchased the Thunderbolt display with my retina MacBook Pro. Everything just works so smooth together.

How great is the difference in sharpness of text between the retina screen and the TB display? Enough difference that your eyes need to adjust going from one to the other if they are side by side, the retina not in clamshell-mode?

Mantis1996

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Arkansas
How great is the difference in sharpness of text between the retina screen and the TB display? Enough difference that your eyes need to adjust going from one to the other if they are side by side, the retina not in clamshell-mode?

To be honest I can't tell a huge difference going between the retina on the MacBook & the display on the TB. It's just really nice having the bigger screen when I'm working.

When I have the MacBook opened up beside you can tell it's sharper though. It's just really hard to find anything to beat the retina screen. You can tell a difference on the text but I think it's not by much. Just my opinion though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.