Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks!

Think I may order one now - looks almost perfect!

Yess, I am still waiting for the black that I ordered. It left hong kong the 6th of february. I am hoping to receive it next week because the 18th I am not going to be in my country so I will have to wait 10 more daysss jaja

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
So just how difficult is it to use or get to the volume and mute buttons on the side? This is my last concern about getting this bumper as I use those buttons many, many, many times during the day. Will I end up getting annoyed if it is difficult to reach them?

Thanks

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Buttons are slightly more difficult to press, but no big deal imo. I have to use a fingernail to catch the mute switch, but even that doesn't take much as I have very short nails. Access to these buttons is not something I honestly ever think about with this bumper.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
So just how difficult is it to use or get to the volume and mute buttons on the side? This is my last concern about getting this bumper as I use those buttons many, many, many times during the day. Will I end up getting annoyed if it is difficult to reach them?

Thanks

Depends, but it frustrates me
Perfect bumper w/ recessed home button...so annoying

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
No need to apologize...I mean the power button is recessed with the case on and is very difficult to press. Very annoying in my opinion.

Oh, ok, yes, it seems to be a little uncomfortable jeje, i will see it probably this week when i receive the case jeje

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Oh, ok, yes, it seems to be a little uncomfortable jeje, i will see it probably this week when i receive the case jeje

Both the power button and the side volume buttons as well. While I found my Black, Silver, and Clear cases really nice to hold, the button presses got on my nerves after awhile. I have since moved on to the Neo Hybrid EX and now the Powersupport bumper.

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
Both the power button and the side volume buttons as well. While I found my Black, Silver, and Clear cases really nice to hold, the button presses got on my nerves after awhile. I have since moved on to the Neo Hybrid EX and now the Powersupport bumper.

Those are the three bumpers I've narrowed it down to. How do you rank them and what didn't you like about each? PS, Neo, Caze?

Thanks

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Those are the three bumpers I've narrowed it down to. How do you rank them and what didn't you like about each? PS, Neo, Caze?

Thanks

I have experience with the Neo and the Caze but not the PS. I did not think that the Neo felt like a premium product. It was very bulky in comparison to the Caze and it really just felt like a sloppy silicone bumper in comparison to the Caze that feels like part of the phone.

I also have the Spigen Linear EX which I personally think is much more similar to the Caze. It is not nearly as slim as the Caze, but it is sturdier still, and provides a slight bit of protection when the phone is set screen side down. The buttons are easier to use, but they rattle a bit. Fitment for dock and headphones is poor on both the Spigens, and only slightly better on the Caze.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

Thanks

Basically the PS edges out both the Neo Ex and the Caze in terms of feel and look. The con of the PS is that it is expensive and might be a bit hard to get based on where you are shopping. Also, to get the feedback for the powerbutton, you'll most likely need to apply the right number of stickers which should be a big deal. I have the Blue/Black one which is nice but I much rather go with the Black (slate) on when it becomes available on Amazon (if ever).

The Neo EX is also a real nice case as well and I love the tactile feedback of the side and top buttons. The only real con of the EX is once in a blue moon, the outer shell does slip off the inner casing. Otherwise, it's a fine case (I have the Metal Slate version).

That leaves the Caze. It's by far the thinnest of the above group and they feel great in the hand. There are a bit of issue with some in terms of "creaking" but that can be applied to any thin bumper-style case. The buttons is what really did me in terms of looking for another bumper.

So my order:

1. Powersupport
2. Neo Hybrid
3. ThinEdge

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Yesterday I received the caze, for me, is the perfection, it fits perfect, very tight, i am very happy with it :D

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
So I complained to Caze because of the "give" on the sides of the bumper causing it to feel not as sturdy. I got my bumper Nov 30 2012.

They first sent a replacement red latch, as I explained in my email that I believed this to be the cause of lack of sturdiness. When it arrived and there wasnt any difference, I emailed them again. They said that if I provide shipping, they will send out a new bumper and another case to ensure my satisfaction. From the reviews, it seems like for the black iphone, the silver bumper is the best. So I asked for that one.

Today I received the bumper replacement. On first touch it does indeed feel as if its tighter than the black bumper. And I like the look too! They didn't send the other bumper though. Grrr!

Edit: ok so I thought that the tightness was because it was a better fit, but it turns out that the bumper fit tighter because I had GA side skins on. Sorry guys, it's still a flaw.

Last edited:

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
So I complained to Caze because of the "give" on the sides of the bumper causing it to feel not as sturdy. I got my bumper Nov 30 2012.

They first sent a replacement red latch, as I explained in my email that I believed this to be the cause of lack of sturdiness. When it arrived and there wasnt any difference, I emailed them again. They said that if I provide shipping, they will send out a new bumper and another case to ensure my satisfaction. From the reviews, it seems like for the black iphone, the silver bumper is the best. So I asked for that one.

Today I received the bumper replacement. On first touch it does indeed feel as if its tighter than the black bumper. And I like the look too! They didn't send the other bumper though. Grrr!

Edit: ok so I thought that the tightness was because it was a better fit, but it turns out that the bumper fit tighter because I had GA side skins on. Sorry guys, it's still a flaw.

When you put the case, you press hard to put it in the correct place in every edge of the phone? You have to press hard and it will fit perfect, my caze its extremy tight, what a pitty for you :(

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
Here are photos of my Iphone

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362157610.472942.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362157621.340991.jpg

I have phantom skins matte on the back.
Hope you like it.

matneh

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
I have very little amount of lip on the front of my Thin Edge. It comes right up to my screen protector, so there is no front offset from the screen. Is this normal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.