Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Got mine today. So far I really like it. I'm typing on it now. It's very solid and sleek looking. Two things to note for those considering buying it. 1. The Ipad Mini doesnt stay in as solidly as the video review said. I was able to shake mine out easily (but usually wouldnt knock it around that much so thats not much of an issue for me.) 2.The Ipad cannot be moved further back than the main upright position (it has movement towards the user, but cannot be bent away in cases of sun glare etc.)

Bottom Line it is super sleek and really turns the mini in to a netbook look alike.
I would highly recommend.

Dgail

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
Mt. Hood to Puget Sound
Mini Suit Chrome iPad mini keyboard

I am typing on it now. So far of several that I have tried and returned, I do like this keyboard the best, keys are "normal" sized island style, but some of the punctuation characters are in slightly different places. Vast improvement over their first one which nearly scratched the bezel.

The hinge is very tight, whoever stated carrying their mini and having the keyboard come loose may have a defective unit. I do like to use the iPad with and without the keyboard cover and have to be very careful and persistent removing it.

My only beef with the unit is the angle of the screen I find a little too upright. Also if you are using a soft sleeve that accommodates the mini and Smart Cover, it may be a bit tight.

The body is I believe aluminum finished plastic, has little rubber feet to keep it stable on smooth surfaces and also to protect the finish. At $24 and change, it is a bargain and certainly worth this.

I still may pursue getting the Belkin FastFit if it ever is released, but it is at least 3x the cost. I did notice they released a new folio model for both iPad sizes which had not been previously announced, so I am wondering if they have nixed the FastFit design. Regardless, I plan to keep this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.