Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Mass advertising for the ipad has kick-started on the tube... Usually an indication of getting rid of excess stock before a major announcement!

Last edited:

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
No one has a clue when iPad 5 will be launching, this is one of the most unpredictable iPad launches ever.

rahul247rocks

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
The new iPad will be announced in 2nd week of April. I have some sources and they confirmed it. Apple iPhone 5S to be announced at WWDC 2013. iPhone 6 at Sep-Oct. I am losing my patience too. I have an iPad 3 and it's time we see something new. Also I want a brand new iOS.

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
The new iPad will be announced in 2nd week of April. I have some sources and they confirmed it. Apple iPhone 5S to be announced at WWDC 2013. iPhone 6 at Sep-Oct. I am losing my patience too. I have an iPad 3 and it's time we see something new. Also I want a brand new iOS.

What the hell? This is Apple we're talking about, not Nicholas Cage movies. They aren't just gonna start churning them out of the woodwork like straight to DVD prison fighting movies.

The iPhone is September. It's always been September and it's going to continue to be September. The iPad is around the same time. That's just how it is.

They ticked a lot of people off with the iPad 4 coming out months after the iPad 3. If they drop that bomb again, people will be infuriated.

----------

The biggest hint they've given that an iPad is not just about to release is the iPad 4 128GB they JUST dropped a month ago. Or not even a month ago. After they ramped up production to pump out 128GB models, you think they're just going to switch to the new bezel like that? Highly doubt it.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
The iPhone is September. It's always been September and it's going to continue to be September. The iPad is around the same time. That's just how it is.
COLOR="#808080"]

[/COLOR]The biggest hint they've given that an iPad is not just about to release is the iPad 4 128GB they JUST dropped a month ago. Or not even a month ago. After they ramped up production to pump out 128GB models, you think they're just going to switch to the new bezel like that? Highly doubt it.

iPhone - January 9th, 2007
iPhone 3G - June 9th, 2008
iphone 3GS - June 8th, 2009
iPhone 4 - June 7th, 2010
iPhone 4S - October 4th, 2011
iPhone 5 - September 12th, 2012.

Not sure where you got the idea that every iPhone has been in September? The only iPhone announced in September was the iPhone 5.

And they've hardly ramped up production for the 128GB iPad 4. It's not like it required any change to the assembly line. Very basic upgrade that will have no influence over the iPad 5 announcement. I'm not saying the iPad 5 will be announced in April but whether it is or not, it won't have been influenced by the 128GB iPad 4.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
as much as I appreciate rahul247rocks sources for the excitement, I would trust ming-chi kuo prediction at Q3 2013 for iPad 5 launch.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
Unfortunately, nearly everyone claims to have "sources" and there are a mixture of right and wrong rumours from these "sources" so its impossible to predict which ones are right.

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I have a source who lives next to Apple's chief marketing officer, and my source loves to eavesdrop on this guy's phone conversations with one of those umbrella microphone thingies, you know the ones I'm talking about, those things that can hear through brick walls?

Anyways he says that y'all ain't gettin the iPad 5 til December 10, so.......

oldschool006

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
Not that it means anything, but Samsung is getting a lot of media attention and Apple stock is suffering. Perhaps Apple needs to react in a timely fashion with some kind of announcement that will shift some positive attention back onto themselves.

quistlogic

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2010
iPhone - January 9th, 2007
iPhone 3G - June 9th, 2008
iphone 3GS - June 8th, 2009
iPhone 4 - June 7th, 2010
iPhone 4S - October 4th, 2011
iPhone 5 - September 12th, 2012.

Not sure where you got the idea that every iPhone has been in September? The only iPhone announced in September was the iPhone 5.

And they've hardly ramped up production for the 128GB iPad 4. It's not like it required any change to the assembly line. Very basic upgrade that will have no influence over the iPad 5 announcement. I'm not saying the iPad 5 will be announced in April but whether it is or not, it won't have been influenced by the 128GB iPad 4.

Looks like all September to me.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but I have a source who lives next to Apple's chief marketing officer, and my source loves to eavesdrop on this guy's phone conversations with one of those umbrella microphone thingies, you know the ones I'm talking about, those things that can hear through brick walls?

You mean a stethoscope?

Hey Now

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010

Lame

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
The 128GB iPad capacity update is the mid year refresh, we aren't going to see the iPad 5 until the holiday season.

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
I really do hope the iPad 5 gets announced soon, been wanting an iPad for a while but decided to wait it out now.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
The 128GB iPad capacity update is the mid year refresh, we aren't going to see the iPad 5 until the holiday season.

For the The last two years mass advertsing of the existing ipad in february was followed by an announcment in March. We may well be seeing the same pattern this year with advertsing in March and an announcement sometime in April.

In terms of marketing i'm not sure it makes sense to release two iPads in the same period. Better to release one before the other when it comes to sales.

MatthaiosSaraj

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Maybe they'll release iPad 5 in april and Mini in October for christmas shopping season. That way Ipad 5/Mini won't be overshadowed by each other.

matthijst

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Makes no sense to release the iPad 5, retina Mini and iPhone 5S all before the holidays. I know Americans love to max out there creditcards just to consume, but the rest of the world mostly likes to spend money they have :)

sonicpace

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Canada
There will likely be an iPad 5 and iPad mini (non-retina) update before June. So, April or May at the latest. Apple is rumored to be clearing out excess iPad inventory at the moment and when they're ready, the announcement will follow.

My gut is telling me the invites will come out during the first week of April. :)

Han Solo 1

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2013
I haven't seen any increase in commercials except for iPhone 5. What are you all talking about?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.